Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
May 24, 2018, 11:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The first cry for HEEEEYYYYLLLLPPP!!!!  (Read 3044 times)
Statik

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:07:11 AM »

Hey Guys!
At last, I found some help for my poor old CB.
I actually posted this on the old forum but all that happened is that we
went around in circles with different ideas on the problem but no real solutions.
Here's the main thing:

IT DOES NOT want to start!

Details:
Almost 2 years sitting now.
Bike was running the night before, but stalled out when I got home.
New Plugs, Fuel pump works, sparks on all 4 cyl. Starter turns without a problem,
battery fully charged.

I need help plz! Fuel here in Puerto Rico is close to 3.00 a gallon.
I hate the daily commute in my cage(Hyundai Elantra).
 And I need my freedom! This bike means a lot to me as it is my first bike ever, my wife doesnt mind it (she doesnt like riding though), and I just love the looks my bike gets,
Pipe is stripped which i have hated since day one, but I havent been able to find a can that fits both the bike and my budget.(thats a discussion for later issue) BTW: Is there a way to create a baffle for a stripped can?

Thanks Guys!
psubrock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 11:55:05 AM »

I had a similar problem. Do you have the shop manual for the bike? With a volt meter you can test all the wires going in the CDI box to make sure everything is OK, I was getting a bad reading from the pulse generator which kept the bike from starting, but if you have spark that wouldn't be it.

1990 CB1
900rr shock, stainless brake line, foam filter, drilled exhaust
Check out my photo gallery!
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/psubrock/
mrbones
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 11:10:42 AM »

Assuming your valve clearances are good and the timing hasn't been altered, if you have sparks at the plugs when it turns over and it doesn't start, it's not getting fuel.  Check the fuel flow into the carbs. If it's been sitting for two years and gas was left in the carbs, the jets will be clogged as old gas turns into a sticky yellow goo over time.

You'll have to remove the carbs and clean them or take them to a shop for an ultrasonic cleaning to be absolutely sure. Then check your float levels before reinstalling.

That's all I can really think of at the moment. Of course, use the choke on a cold engine. You can also raise the tank and run a hose directly into the carbs bypassing the fuel pump and filter. This can rule out a bad pump or clogged filter.

As far as a stripped muffler can. You talking about a stock one? I'm not exactly sure mean there. If it's the stock one, take it to a welder and have them fix it. For a replacement, I've read a Two Brothers exhaust for a CB400SF fits with a little bending. And of course a Kerker made for the CB-1 will fit. Both pricey, though.

Let us know what you find out.

-mrbones
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 11:18:06 AM by mrbones » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: