Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:16:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My CB1 from Ireland  (Read 4452 times)
CB1pat

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2013, 01:56:22 PM »

Hi
I don't think I posted any photo's of my "1"
So here we go, got a bit of work done, new Hagon shock, S/S braided lines and fitted a Hepco & Becker rack.

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/CB1PAT/profile/
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »

Very nice, the semi-mythical Mk2 CB-1, with the dark engine and alloy parts, longer (quieter) exhaust, higher handlebars and allegedly a slightly bigger tank and thicker seat pad.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
speedysmurf

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »

Looking good!
CB1pat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:55:19 PM »

Thanks a_morti and speedysmurf for your comments.
Yes I believe its the mk2 by colour anyway not that much difference really just subtle differences to my6 mind.
I got it very clean and have kept it that way
Just had to fit the small screen for comfort on motorway and streights, I think it blends in well
Hoping to get back on board a bit more later as I'm recovering from a knee replacement and its taken a bit longer than I thought to get back.
The weather is picking up now hopefully the knee will also.

Pat
CB_CX_NC

If it ain't jap it ain't worth cr@p!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:24:15 PM »

Does look very nice, and the seat does indeed look a little "plusher" than mine... Swingarm looks different too, but that could just be the darker colour  Undecided

'83 JDM Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II *stolen & stripped* Sad

'95 UKDM Honda PC26 CB500 twin, knackered & tatty winter bike, tyres replaced, running & nearly ready for duty

'89 JDM Honda NC27 CB-1, doing sterling service as usual, soon to hibernate

JDM NC23.7 engine- slow-burn rebuild in "progress"
knee-dragger777

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

That tank is totally different too.

"when in doubt figure it out"
99 SV 650
89 CB-1
03 TTR -225
04 XR 80
Yam tri-zinger
86 Elite 80
04 Burgman
10 Aprilia Sport City
86 passport 70
73 ST 90
CB_CX_NC

If it ain't jap it ain't worth cr@p!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »

How, deeper side scallops? I wondered that but thought maybe just an illusion caused by the paint... apart from that it looks same as mine.

'83 JDM Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II *stolen & stripped* Sad

'95 UKDM Honda PC26 CB500 twin, knackered & tatty winter bike, tyres replaced, running & nearly ready for duty

'89 JDM Honda NC27 CB-1, doing sterling service as usual, soon to hibernate

JDM NC23.7 engine- slow-burn rebuild in "progress"
CB1pat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

That tank is totally different too.
Can't say I can see any difference in the tank (need to be side by side )
Does look very nice, and the seat does indeed look a little "plusher" than mine... Swingarm looks different too, but that could just be the darker colour  Undecided
I did get the seat redone as there was a small tear in original, and he suggested an extra bit if padding fof comfort.
How, deeper side scallops? I wondered that but thought maybe just an illusion caused by the paint... apart from that it looks same as mine.
I can't see much difference with the side panels ...... but did repaint all panels, the ones up front, the ones under the seat and the rear foot rests ...... I matched the frame colour as nearas possible. 
seanoconnell87

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 05:23:02 AM »

How are you finding the screen helps with motorway spins and straights? I'm up and down between Galway and Dublin weekly at the moment and taking a beating for 2 hours. Could really do with some wind protection.
CB1pat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 02:52:15 PM »

Hi Sean
I have never really driven it without the screen, as I fitted it soon after I got my "1".
From memory it did make quite a difference as I had not been on bikes for a while and it made it more comfortable for such a small screen, for me anyway.
Where are you based Dublin or Galway ?
stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

nice looking machine there Grin  whats that small, white square on the engine case?

'90 CB-1
seanoconnell87

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 06:35:30 AM »

Based in both at the moment. Working 3 days from Dublin in Sandyford (living in Killiney) and the other 2 from Galway/Achill. So plenty of miles racking up Smiley My only complaint is the wind on the motorway as I'm up and down every week. The screen looks like it might be a nice addition and might make my trip that bit easier!
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 11:52:50 AM »

There's a decent sized power bronze fly screen I took off my cb-1 sat in dad morti's cupboard. It's a decent size and really improves cruising speed comfort, much more than you'd think.

20 & post? I'm guessing post to Ireland is relatively dear though?

Also reliant on dad morti being happy to box it up.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
CB1pat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »

Based in both at the moment. Working 3 days from Dublin in Sandyford (living in Killiney) and the other 2 from Galway/Achill. So plenty of miles racking up Smiley My only complaint is the wind on the motorway as I'm up and down every week. The screen looks like it might be a nice addition and might make my trip that bit easier!
Sean,
Thats a fair few miles/Kms you are clocking up all right, especially with our lovely weather !!!!
The screen is a Givi universal I got in BikeWorld years ago, I'm sure it should help somewhat.
nice looking machine there Grin  whats that small, white square on the engine case?
Stussels
Its just a sticker with some Japanese writing on it most likely connected to oil refil/type, most of the text is worn away so too hard to read.
seanoconnell87

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 05:34:41 AM »

There's a decent sized power bronze fly screen I took off my cb-1 sat in dad morti's cupboard. It's a decent size and really improves cruising speed comfort, much more than you'd think.

20 & post? I'm guessing post to Ireland is relatively dear though?

Also reliant on dad morti being happy to box it up.

I might take you up on that in the future. Any idea what weight it would be so i can check postage?

It's a fair whack of miles alright and the motorway wind is a killer. I've been doing the same spin for a month now and it hasn't actually rained yet which is worrying. I'd imagine it'll be a rude awakening when it does Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: