Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 04, 2020, 06:28:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOM BILLET RIGHT SIDE CLUTCH COVER CAP  (Read 7370 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »

weld...great. now if I only knew "how" to weld or find someone who could weld...
Wink
Something that often works is to apply weld to the top of the offending bolt remains, the weld won't adhere to the aluminium but only to the steel of the bolt also the heat helps loosen the stud. The weld then gives something to grip.

Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 07:38:56 PM »

There's always a catch somewhere  Wink
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 07:40:09 PM »

yeah, no biggy.
I'll just have to invent something, patent it and sell it on Shark Tank.....that way I can buy whichever CB1 I want...

minimad5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 04:42:24 PM »

with regards to this billet side cover.
the plastic one that's on my CB1 is scratched up so Bill I'm in for 1 as well.
But my question is..........
those 6 or so small hex headed threads that hold the cover in place, one of my threads broke off.
I've tried to tap the center of the shank thats still in the threaded slot but to no avail.
how else can I remove a thread that hasn't got a place to grip it besides the tap and reverse thread method?

Not 100% sure what you mean by "threads broke off" - Has it stripped the threads or sheared the bolt head ?

If the latter :
Have you tried using a centre-punch ?
Strike it near the side (not too close), so that it creates a nice 'dimple' , then angle the centre-punch in the dimple and strike with a hammer, obviously anti-clockwise.
Failing that, drill straight down the centre and use an Easy out or similar.

Or for a stripped internal thread, use a helicoil
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »

no biggy on this one.
what resolved this issue was, I changed out the entire engine and the cover it came with had no stripped/broken heads.
My engine needed to be swapped out anyway. the original engine has this "ticking" sound somewhere in the sleeves, pistons, dunno where exactly but rather than risk "grenading' that engine, I found one on ebay for a good price and just had it replaced.

Been rocking that gear-driven cam since it got installed a while back and lovin' every minute of it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: