Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying and selling bikes in the USA  (Read 380 times)
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2017, 11:05:48 PM »

I was considering popping over to the USA to buy some bikes, but this put me off the idea:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7YuIskpXU

This is a link to the original article:

http://govtslaves.info/this-is-what-happened-when-i-tried-to-withdrawl-1500-cash-from-bank-of-america/

Contrary to what the vid blurb says, it works just fine.

Have any of you had any experiences like this when withdrawing cash to buy buy bikes? How about when depositing the money you receive from selling a bike? Things seem to be getting progressively worse. And of course they won't change just because a reality TV presenter is POTUS.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:12:31 PM by ModerateFkr » Logged
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »

bogus article.  I buy i cash all the time and never had an issue in 40 years.

I was thinking of coming to the UK for a few bikes one day.  You get models we don't have here
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »

I find it interesting and never surprised when a Conservative party is in control how the imbecile left always makes the blanket statement "...it's both parties fault" when something the left caused goes bad.

How predictable.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »

I find it interesting and never surprised when a Conservative party is in control how the imbecile left always makes the blanket statement "...it's both parties fault" when something the left caused goes bad.

How predictable.

Aside from the obvious fact that the left right political paradigm in the USA is demonstrably a myth designed to divide the sleeping population, if you heard the recording of the conversation, would you still believe it didn't happen VH?

You also might want to study the number of libertarian, constitutionalist and right wing groups making similar and much worse claims of mistreatment by the judicial system. Currently the Bundy trial is an ongoing travesty of anything that might be described as justice. The jury is being denied the right to hear pertinent evidence that is being discussed in their absence, witnesses are denied the right to give evidence, and the defence is being denied the right to even address the constitution as the motive for their actions.

And for the record, I believe the armed occupation of government property was a dumb move, and I fundamentally disagree with much of the basis for Finicum's actions. He appeared to literally provoked and even invited a death by cop scenario in the belief he was some sort of cowboy biblical martyr.

And which POTUS prosecuted most whistleblowers? or instgated more stringent laws on civil rights (such as the gun grabs in Connecticut etc)? And who's administration oversaw the killing of most US citizens in both drone strikes and ground ops abroad, as well as by wrongful cop shootings? Obama's.

I know an American with UK citizenship who was investigated under US counter terrorism and money laundering laws for buying a house in the UK. Her father and uncle are registered Democrats and contributed financially to Obama's campaign. They also write letters to their political representatives. Her partner who has no criminal record, once unwittingly bought a Porsche from a drug dealer and had to give evidence in court.

For as long as you're stuck in the fake left/right paradigm you will never see the real picture. It never is and never was about Obama or the left, or even about the Reaganite policies that oversaw the (inevitable) decline of the USA's industrial base.

From the population's point of view, it essentially began (in the modern era) with the formation of the Fed, and the introduction of Federal income taxes. Read what those who introduced both had to say afterwards. It's an education all by itself. All debt began to accumulate exponentially after that. And all money is created by debt. Would you like a 12 year old Canadian to explain that one to you? Her name is Victoria Grant. She does it very well.

As I said some time back, I deal in facts. The only way to argue against them is to disprove them. All you're doing is repeating that you don't agree with what you assume is my political position. Surely it must be obvious by now that I'm no longer dumb enough to have one.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:28:04 AM by ModerateFkr » Logged
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:49:37 AM »

But on the funny side VH, you actually said: "It didn't happen to me, so it couldn't happen to anyone else"!!!

What a gift of cod logic. Smiley

Now, how long before someone complains that you made this about politics?

Did you notice how the vid maker was blaming Killary most? Or did that fact not fit the paradigm?

I'm actually interested in people's banking experiences.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »

Dude...what the fk are you talkin' about?
when did I ever say "it didn't happen to me, so it couldn't happen to anyone else"?

Please, enlighten me on that one.

Moderate: I'm a simple man.
Most of the time your responses are very (ahem) involved and full of details and multi-syllabic words I can't seem to get past on the first or second sentence.
My reading comprehension is not as extensive nor as intellectual as yours.....
Like I said....I'm a simple man. theres "evil" and there is "good" in this world, theres left and there is right.............simple right, follow me so far?
Most folks seems to get confused with all the details of what they are actually trying to understand. I don't do that. We all know whats happening here in this country and we see it and recognize it for what it is......destroy America from the inside out. That was the last 8 years, we now a have a new direction.

so...back to buying and selling bikes in the USA.
I for one, would love to be put in contact with anyone who can go to Japan and pick up some nice CBR400RRs in good condition to purchase.
that's the kind of "buying and selling bikes in the USA" I want to do these days.

But on the funny side VH, you actually said: "It didn't happen to me, so it couldn't happen to anyone else"!!!

Did you notice how the vid maker was blaming Killary most? Or did that fact not fit the paradigm?

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »

And back on the bike buying part of this thread, has anyone on the site bought overseas and imported back to states?

I only scanned the regs and it seems that complete [stock] bikes 25 years or older can be brought back to US and legalized to be put on the roads over here.  I see more non-US bikes showing up on eBay. That puts the end year at 1992.  In 5 years, the end date should cover many desirable bikes from the 90's that never made it over here.  With standard Honda engineering, many of the mechanical s should be available over here for these imported bikes.  It would only be the bodywork that might be an issue.

I was considering a CX650E a few months ago from someone in Atlanta.  It was a little rough but complete.  If I had not bought the CB-1 when I did, the CX650E would be in my garage.  

I would like to get a nice 1992 red half faring NTV650 (sort of a shaft drive stretched NT650 Hawk GT) and then swap in a VT800 engine with VT700 6 speed transmission.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:51:30 PM by spacetiger » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »

there are many desirable Japanese bikes I'd love to own. And the question always comes up.........."Parts"? there are bikes, like the CB1 and the NT650 that there are still enough parts around to make them "purchasable" but then there are the CBR400rrs for example that would be an awesome bike to own but the "parts" equation gets in the way again. Yeah, I've heard of folks trying to order parts from japan but if you only own one of those bikes, you are dead in the water waiting for the piece to arrive. That could take 3 to 4 to 5 months....and that'd certainly blow some.

Yeah, you could own more than one bike, have one for everyday fetching and the other for fartin' and toolin' around on Exotic Sundays......some folks on here already do that.

And back on the bike buying part of this thread, has anyone on the site bought overseas and imported back to states?

I only scanned the regs and it seems that complete [stock] bikes 25 years or older can be brought back to US and legalized to be put on the roads over here.  I see more non-US bikes showing up on eBay.  that puts the end year at 1992.  In 5 years, the end date should cover many desirable bikes from the 90's that never made it over hear.  With the standard Honda engineering, many of the mechanicals should be available over here.  It would only be the bodywork that might be an issue.

I was considering a CX650E a few months ago from someone in Atlanta.  It was a little rough but complete.  If I had not bought the CB-1 when I did, the CX650E would be in my garage.  

I would like to get a nice 1992 red half faring NTV650 (sort of a shaft drive stretched NT650 Hawk GT) and swap in a VT800 engine with VT700 6 speed transmission.  

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »

Yeah, you could own more than one bike, have one for everyday fetching and the other for fartin' and toolin' around on Exotic Sundays......some folks on here already do that.

Grin
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:10:27 PM »

The land of the free...

Why the delay? I'm fairly sure we can import anything of any age here in the UK. And we're regulated up the wazoo too. Very odd signs of insecurity governing policy yet again.

I love how reality fades people. Check my latest post. Take a look at Oman before that racist vulgarian carni barker bombs the crap out of the whole region - and blames it on the victims.

"Anything and Everything". Nothing operates in a vacuum or in isolation. As Chief Seattle said, we are all connected, what we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:21:19 PM by ModerateFkr » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 09:35:55 PM »

Sooooo....of topic....again?
Not sure me comprendo yer comments but ok.

I'm glad you all on the other side of the pond are able to get any and all bikes of any years.
Good for you.
The land of the free...

Why the delay? I'm fairly sure we can import anything of any age here in the UK. And we're regulated up the wazoo too. Very odd signs of insecurity governing policy yet again.

I love how reality fades people. Check my latest post. Taka a look at Oman before that racist vulgarian carni barker bombs the crap out of the whole region - and blames it on the victims.

"Anything and Everything". Nothing operates in a vacuum or in isolation. As Chief Seattle said, we are all connected, what we do to the web, we do to ourselves.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »

Dude...what the fk are you talkin' about?
when did I ever say "it didn't happen to me, so it couldn't happen to anyone else"?

Please, enlighten me on that one.

I paraphrased:

"bogus article.  I buy i cash all the time and never had an issue in 40 years."

Ergo, it must be untrue if it hasn't happened to you. Surely that's obvious.

Moderate: I'm a simple man.
Most of the time your responses are very (ahem) involved and full of details and multi-syllabic words I can't seem to get past on the first or second sentence.
My reading comprehension is not as extensive nor as intellectual as yours.....
Like I said....I'm a simple man. theres "evil" and there is "good" in this world, theres left and there is right.............simple right, follow me so far?

Not really mate, no. I left school with three CSEs (very basic qualifications), and poor ones at that. You're an architect. You can't possibly be as simple as you claim.

I'm self educated. I read. I don't believe in single discipline thinking. It leads to narrow corridors with low ceilings and no windows or doors.

All I've done is study the real history they don't tell you in school or via the History Channel. Eg: they told you Edison invented the lightbulb, right? He didn't. They credit him with electrifying the USA. But the truth is he stole Tesla's inventions including his method of harnessing DC electricity. All made possible because JP Morgan withdrew Tesla's funding. And they named the company after the thief. And to add insult to injury, the DoD stole Tesla's inventions after he died after sequestrating them under alien asset seizure laws - despite the fact that Tesla was a US citizen. Then professor John Trump made an official statement that nothing in Tesla's work was of any value. Plus the FBI claimed to have had zero interest in Tesla. But recently released documents prove otherwise.

When they finally ban the internal combustion engine, as they will to combat the myth of manmade climate change (the former 'Global Warming'), and force us to use the technology currently being exploited by that pervert Musk and his company named after the aforementioned great man Tesla, you will realise that the connection isn't even remotely tenuous, it's direct.

So no, you don't have a clue what's really going on. Trump was a long time NY Democrat and is a close friend of the Clinton criminals. Bill is a serial rapist. Trump is also a friend of Jeffrey Epstein the convicted child rapist. And trump is far from what any objective observer could possibly describe as a good businessman. His failures are monumental, and demonstrate a fundamental lack if understanding of the business world as it really operates.

These are, as I've said, just simple facts that anyone can verify. It's not rocket science and I'm not using any long words. Your real problem is that these facts fly in the face of the official narrative - everything you've been told.

So should it be a big surprise that the left/right political paradigm is a myth? No, of course not. All the evidence is there before your eyes.

Does this affect us? Of course it does.

Most folks seems to get confused with all the details of what they are actually trying to understand. I don't do that. We all know whats happening here in this country and we see it and recognize it for what it is......destroy America from the inside out. That was the last 8 years, we now a have a new direction.

If you learn to look at the USA as a debt slave colony for the purpose of making war - which it obviously designed to be, as has operated as such for over 200 years, then it becomes a great deal easier to comprehend what's REALLY going on.

And as a measure of how wrong you are about Trump, just look at how the only two living Republican former presidents have weighed into the racist comments argument. Trump's father was arrested at a clan rally FFS.

so...back to buying and selling bikes in the USA.
I for one, would love to be put in contact with anyone who can go to Japan and pick up some nice CBR400RRs in good condition to purchase.
that's the kind of "buying and selling bikes in the USA" I want to do these days.

Now that's a great idea. I have one decent contact in Japan, but he's very busy with other matters, and is actually a real academic. Sadly I'm not sure he'd be any good to us.

When Berners-Lee invented the WWW, I got very interested in the possibilities. But even though I have online friends in many countries, I don't have any locals in Asian countries at all. Google seems to make the search more difficult.

Finally, when you figure out that there's no such thing as 'off topic', as this conversation proves, just as there's no such thing as left and right, you'll open up a lot more opportunities. You after all are a lot closer to Japan both geographically and culturally. West coast USA has direct sealanes to Honda country. It should be a lot easier for you than me. I'm currently trying to contact a Japanese lock company. It's a nightmare.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: