Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:31:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Cafe Racer Project  (Read 9230 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »

interesting....I saw a guy last year, on the Hawk Forum selling a really really tricked out CB1. it had a sweet swingarm, wave rotors in the front, and on and on...wonder if it's the same one?

the dude on here and on the hawk forums went by the alias of 'Regit' or something like that.

ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 06:37:47 PM »

89Redgt... Same guy.  He bought it off of Brian and didnt do anything with it.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »

yup..that was the dude.
I remember that discussion going on last year.
the dude bought the bike and was trying to flip it.
It was a sweet CB1.....I must say.
tricked out, had all the bells-n-whisltes......beautiful custom job.
Wish I had saved some photos of it.

ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 06:46:23 PM »

It was a sweet project.  Brian was hoping the dude was going to finish it.  Sad that he didnt.  I was going to buy it but shit kept popping up. (truck transmission, and some other repairs).  If he has sold it, I hope whoever bought it, completes what Brian started.  It was well sorted, at least what Brian had done up until he decided to let it go.
3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »

Hi there. Something is bothering me.

Could someone tell me if the speedo is backlit ? Because I don't see anything when I'm riding by night.

I plugged back the old MPH speedo (My KPH one had some issue with temperature & RPM displays, they wouldn't work at all) and it's still not backlit.

It has been a couple of miles now and I'm discovering how that little CB-1 is cool to ride, reliable, thus the fact that I never go to the gas station. Impressive.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2016, 04:55:19 PM »

Yes there are three (2? 4?) small wedge bulbs in the back. Remove the grey cover and you will see them.

Tips
- don't use bulbs brighter than 3w (stock is 1.7w I think) or you WILL melt the clocks.
- don't try to over tighten the screws. They are direct into plastic which is 20 years old and WILL crack.

Easy job. 

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had an accident with my loved CB-1. A guy on the highway changed lane and bumped into me, throwing me and the bike to the back of a truck that was, hopefully, stopped. My hand got stuck under the bike. I've had hand surgery yesterday, and I should recover the ability of my index (not sure if 100% though, doctors are optimist, they have done a great job). The bike is not too much damaged, the tank shows damages but it's okay. I was going 10/15MPH. Doctors said I won't be able to ride for the next 3 months.

Oh, and the guy flew the crash scene. Maybe he did'nt have insurance or even driving licence, I don't know. A police investigation has started..

I'm disgusted.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »

geez.....sorry to hear mate. heal quickly and Godspeed!

Sugs

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »

Total bummer, but glad you are OK.  Hope they find the guy and that you heal up 100%.

1979 Honda GL1000 Goldwing - 1990 Honda CB1
3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »

I'll get back on the bike as soon as I fully recover Wink Thank you for your supports
3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2016, 06:23:43 AM »

Hi there ! Finally got back on the bike after 2 months. My right index is still unable to move more than 30% but it's ok, just re-learning to use it. Police didn't find the guy who bumped into me and flew the scene, but that's none of my business now.

I went to a motorbike meeting this week end. I'm surprised by the number of people taking pictures of my CB-1  Grin even if it's far from being the most beautiful of the meeting. A guy who's fan of cafe racers and writes articles about it even told me that it was awesome, cause "Your bike is the living proof that you can make a really nice machine with a little money". He took many pictures of it, maybe I'll see her in a magazine hehe.

Cheers,

Mathieu

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2016, 01:16:20 PM »

Come my friend. You can't post one dark, half-sideways picture of your CB1 and expect us to let you get easy with that...do you?
More more more pictures....please.

3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2016, 07:35:43 PM »

You asked for it ! But let's put something new here  Smiley let me explain. During this week-end we first replaced the lights from the speedo, changed the cooler liquid, fixed some other minor lighting issues and, this afternoon, after a couple of beers, my friend and me told ourselves it would be good to clean that back. We first took off the chain protection which is in plastic, and a couple more beers later, there was no tank on the bike, and we would basically put all the remaining electronic/cables somewhere invisible, then cutting all the fixations so only the frame would appear to the eyes, so here we go boys !

With my friend's gixxer

All the parts we took off... The fuel pump wasn't working anyway

Bonus : My other friend who worked a lot on my CB-1 just finished his new AWESOME 500CX, check it out.

Hope you guys enjoy this Smiley

/// Just figured out pictures size was crap and we can see the plates :/ I'll edit this tomorrow, it's 01:30 here and I need to sleep he he
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:38:26 PM by 3NCORE » Logged
Andy T

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous, both of them! Well done.
3NCORE

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »

Wish you all a good week-end !

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: