Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
July 16, 2018, 08:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story of one CB-1  (Read 8892 times)
Velos
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Location: Moscow, RUS

Posts: 23



View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:13 AM »

Love what you're doing here but I've got a few questions.
Any reason for not using stick coils? (would take up less space)
How are the NOS injectors held in place on the rubber inlet manifolds? (normally they are fitted into a threaded hole)

Good luck with this and can't wait to see the end result

Spark becomes a “weak link” when dealing with N2O.
Therefore it should be stronger. Stock coils have a known problem of weak spark when using N2O.
In addition to this I need the space where stock coils were for installation of additional fuel pump Smiley

Those Venom injectors have a special retainer for installation into rubber manifolds.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:20:46 AM by Velos » Logged
Pod70
Hero Member
*****
Online Online

Location: Gravesend, England

Posts: 514


View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 08:30:40 AM »

Cheers for the reply. I meant Stick coils (Coil On Plug) rather than the original coils though. Looks like you're using Dyna Coils which are very large
Logged
VintageHunter
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Location: SHAMBHALA, CA

Posts: 1368


View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »

Looking forward to seeing this thread when done. I'm diggin' the nifty mods.
Logged

Velos
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Location: Moscow, RUS

Posts: 23



View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »

Hi all!
It's time for some updates!

Nitrous routing is over:



Huge part of wire routing is nearly over. There are still remain little things to complete.
As a result - CB-1 got a new wire harness. Dyna 2000 ignition module, motogadget gauge and it's digital commutator, DynoJet wideband 2 lambda controller and Nitrous MaxExteme controller were interconnected with each other. I have also integrated a safety interlock schema (turns off ignition with side stand when bike is not in neutral gear).
All blocks, relays and other components have found their places:










All additional modules have their own fuse block:



I also decided to install steering damper from V-Max.
My solution is pretty "radical" Smiley :







There is also was a solution with cooling reservoir (have no photo yet).

And we had a first launch just few days ago!

VIDEO

After first launch we had several problems:
- cooling pump leakage
- thermostat leakage
- Non-OEM crankcase pan seal leakage

The engine is currently in "RUN-IN" period after re-assembly.
We made a first test on Dyno: 22 hp on the rear wheel on 7000 rmp Smiley



I am going to solve cooling system problems in the nearest time.
If someone knows about swapping cooling pump from CB400SF/CB400 VTEC - please, make me know.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!