Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
September 25, 2017, 05:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk to me about the blackbird shock  (Read 2439 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »

So...to clarify.
1. what year of the Honda Blackbird could the potential shock alternative be?
2. spring swap out? the CB1 spring would need to be removed and put in the Blackbird rear shock housing?
3. Length of Blackbird shock as compared to the CB1 shock length? 1" longer, 2" loner?

Nicknitrous

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »

Shock has arrived now but won't be at the workshop till Friday to change it, will let you know the answers
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »

Awesome, looking forward it.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »

Shock has arrived now but won't be at the workshop till Friday to change it, will let you know the answers

I understand the rule is: pics or it didn't happen Nicknitrous;)) No, seriously, a lot depends upon your findings mate. My own personal search for a firm rear end hinges on how well this works for you. Good luck with the swap over.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:13 AM »

+1

I understand the rule is: pics or it didn't happen Nicknitrous;)) No, seriously, a lot depends upon your findings mate. My own personal search for a firm rear end hinges on how well this works for you. Good luck with the swap over.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »

Hey Nicknitrous, how did the swap go? Hope all is well with the job.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »

Awaiting anxiously as well to hear about the 900rr swap.

Hey Nicknitrous, how did the swap go? Hope all is well with the job.

Nicknitrous

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

Hi all

Ok so swapped shocks and was very easy and quick. Bike feels much more resistant now when sat on
Nicknitrous

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »

Also raises the rear Tina nice height, center stand is still useable but back tyre does touch the ground which gives you and idea of the height difference. Really easy and I'm happy so far once on the road we will see how she rides
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »

Good news.
So....with regards to your process?
1. what year 900rr shock did you put in?
2. did  you swap out the CB1 spring into the 900rr shock assembly?
3. what did the process entail (details)?

thanks
Also raises the rear Tina nice height, center stand is still useable but back tyre does touch the ground which gives you and idea of the height difference. Really easy and I'm happy so far once on the road we will see how she rides

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 12:52:22 AM »

Thanks for the update Nicknitrous. 'Tina' has me a bit confused. Typo? I do a lot of them. Well, my thumb does. Are you following spacetiger's work? This is getting very interesting. Please describe the ride difference if you can.
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 12:49:03 AM »

Any news on your shock update Nicknitrous?
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 09:36:43 AM »

I just fitted one on the CB. See my thread (to Blackbird or not to Blackbird) for quick update.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2017, 08:16:38 PM »

"Oops"

I BINed on a blackbird shock. 25 posted and not rusted to destruction. Should fix the loose hagon top bush, and allow me to fit new swingarm adapters without losing ride height so i can keep the longer stand. Win win win... hopefully.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2017, 09:58:47 PM »

"Oops"

I BINed on a blackbird shock. 25 posted and not rusted to destruction. Should fix the loose hagon top bush, and allow me to fit new swingarm adapters without losing ride height so i can keep the longer stand. Win win win... hopefully.

How do people keep finding 25 shocks? The cheapest I've seen us 75!

But the BB spring is sadly too light for me. Or do I need to fit the CB-1 shock with a spacer? I'm actually confused now. I think I need to download and re-read Jim's full post agsinst.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: