Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 21, 2017, 08:30:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 1991 Honda CB-1 Japanese model 2 for sale  (Read 2322 times)
Deckwan

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

Hey all...wonderful first post here I know...my buddy from the Hawk forum suggested this site, tho I have lurked here some in the past as, I also own an '89 US model.

I imported this bike last year from Japan properly and it is registered. Lots of pictures, a video and details on the eBay listing, but feel free to ask me any questions here, I promise to stick around and try to contribute.

Thanks for having a look!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222377490021?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Deckwan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 01:00:13 PM »

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »

Hello Deckwan,
beautiful CB1.
for us idiots, like myself, could you explain what is so rare about this bike?
Type II?
what is the difference between this CB1 and a regular CB1?
thanks, that would help.

GLWS.

Deckwan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »

May not have it all correct so anyone else please fee free to chime in. The tank is slightly bigger, seat is a little different. Taller gear ratios, taller bars, the color on frame and engine obviously...and it has Japan spec lighting switch gear, signals etc.

It is a very cool lil bike....and this one runs soooo good!!!
Deckwan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

Oh yeah, also has that wonderful stainless exhaust too....and the rear shock is different as well. This one also qualifies for bing rare just do to its 25 year old survivor condition and mileage imo.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »

Bigger tank.....huh?
Is there any documentation anywhere you can point us to?

What about the color? Is that a "stock" color? black...all black?
Including the brackets, engine plates, engine? I thought these CB1s only cane in blue?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:53:36 PM by VintageHunter » Logged

stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »

in the us they only came in blue.  thats a nice looking, rideable bike right there.  looks stock right down to what appears to be aggressive warning decals on the tail.  those type 2's had a redesigned airbox and tank shape that squeezed a little more capacity out of the area for fuel.  maybe only actual change was the bottom panel.  color combo and finish is stock and looks good to me.  good luck with sale!

*also alloy passenger peg brackets and looks like the speedo cable arrangement is different around the sprocket area.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:35:04 PM by stussels » Logged

'90 CB-1
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »

Stussels has it pegged.
Very rare bike indeed, and I doubt there are as many as a dozen in the USA. And in that condition..?
It's a strong price but if a cb-1 was ever worth the big bucks, that's the one.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 09:52:29 PM »

what can you mention about the "rear shock"?
it's looks like it's some sort of reservoir adjustable shock, not the stock CB1 rear shock?
in the us they only came in blue.  thats a nice looking, rideable bike right there.  looks stock right down to what appears to be aggressive warning decals on the tail.  those type 2's had a redesigned airbox and tank shape that squeezed a little more capacity out of the area for fuel.  maybe only actual change was the bottom panel.  color combo and finish is stock and looks good to me.  good luck with sale!

*also alloy passenger peg brackets and looks like the speedo cable arrangement is different around the sprocket area.

Deckwan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 12:40:13 AM »

Rear shock has a remote reservoir.

Thanks for all the input guys. This thing runs so good I am tempted to keep it and sell my 89.

I am going to post a few more pictures to eBay and will be replacing the fork seals and fluid before it goes.
Deckwan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »

in the us they only came in blue.  thats a nice looking, rideable bike right there.  looks stock right down to what appears to be aggressive warning decals on the tail.  
Those decals are aftermarket, in Engrish, I mention it on the eBay listing. Probably put on by the original owner.

Being a 91 it was only legal to import as of last year, I am pretty sure it is probably the only one in the U.S.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »

Is that rear shock after market or stock?
in the us they only came in blue.  thats a nice looking, rideable bike right there.  looks stock right down to what appears to be aggressive warning decals on the tail.  
Those decals are aftermarket, in Engrish, I mention it on the eBay listing. Probably put on by the original owner.

Being a 91 it was only legal to import as of last year, I am pretty sure it is probably the only one in the U.S.

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »

Is that rear shock after market or stock?

Stock. There is even a bracket for it on the frame.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »

WOW....that is sweet then for Honda to have added that remote reservoir and probably the shock is a better shock then on that Spec2 CB1...nice.

knee-dragger777

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »

in the us they only came in blue.

Whoa,  there was yellow offered in the US as well.  Albeit not a popular choice they did NOT sell well.  I know because we had one....

"when in doubt figure it out"
99 SV 650
89 CB-1
03 TTR -225
04 XR 80
Yam tri-zinger
86 Elite 80
04 Burgman
10 Aprilia Sport City
86 passport 70
73 ST 90
Pages: [1] 2