Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
July 21, 2017, 10:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting to 380 lbs.  (Read 1708 times)
jdg25

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »

Derail incoming.

Instead of trying to shed weight on the -1 have you looked into lighter bikes? More specifically a supermoto/dualsport? My plated xr650r is sitting at +/- 320lbs w/ CRF forks, 17 in wheels, and a DS kit. Most of the newer 450s are sub 300lbs.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »

Why buy another bike when the CB1 is an awesome bike to make lighter

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 02:22:56 AM »

Cb-1 wasn't heavy for its day but weighs right around the same as a cbr900 from 1993. Reducing weight is only something to do for the love of the bike.

If you want lightweight, look to a duke 390.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 07:55:43 AM »

You are right about the -1.  It is in the collection as a keeper.  I am waiting for the CBR350RR to come out for the lightweight bike.  If they bring the 250RR over, I will get the updated Yamaha R3 as the lightweight bike.

The -1 stays in the fold with the Hawk GT as semi modified bikes but basically look stock.  But with the mods, there is no reason you cannot try to make them lighter.  The starting weight is close to the CB599 Hornet and that bike has a lot more power than the -1.

I have already ordered a number of parts for the bike... I think I have spent half of my modification money and don't even have the bike yet...
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 10:02:45 AM »

Half your modification budget is already spent? is that all? you are way well ahead of the game my friend. Be prepared to spend double what you "thought" you were going to spend on the bike. It always happens the same way.
There were plenty of CB1s I saw in this past year I could have simply purchased for way less than what I have spent on my CB1 already....and my mods and updates aren't even close to being done..........oh well, alas is the tale of the CB1 enthusiast.
... I think I have spent half of my modification money and don't even have the bike yet...

geostegma

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »

Hit the gym?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 12:28:11 PM »

yeah...hit the gym. that's not the point. the point is to make the BIKE lighter. a rider surely can she weight but when you are throwing a rotating mass around left and right, forward and backwards, making it lighter (the mass itself not you) makes a difference.
But yes, hitting the gym would be beneficial for a rider as well.

Dash

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »

Held a lithium bike battery in my hands for the first time today. holy moley. That saves like, 2,5 maybe 3 kilos when you replace the old battery with one of those babies.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »

I bought one for my msx125 and then realised its kinda silly.

Dash

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 03:46:38 AM »

I bought one for my msx125 and then realised its kinda silly.

Tongue

For the current money a lithium battery will set you back, it is. But if you were to replace the battery anyway, it might be worth considering?
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »

a_morti, what does the Grom weigh with the Li battery fitted? Must be like a feather. Have you got the Akrapovic titanium carbon exhaust for it too?
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »

Kerb weight is quoted as 101kg. I've got a tail tidy, alloy swingarm and moriwaki megaphone exhaust. I've not weighed the bike  but having weighed the upgrade parts mine should be around 95kg. You can pick the back end up and swing it around easy enough. Certainly makes the cb feel weightyin comparison!

I sold the battery to a mate as my original one was fine. There was another kilo to save there.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38:10 PM »

Here ya go Spacetiger.
Enjoy looking thru this site.
This dude is "the Man".

I don't know if he's even around anymore or if he even still has the CB1 but...when he did.......wow!..look out.

http://home.planet.nl/~boerl060/cb1-rE.htm

That bike is south side of orgasmic VintageHunter!! Did you see what he did with the front side plates? I'm working on precisely the same idea! Nothing new under the sun! Moulding new plates in carbon fibre is the next level...!;))
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »

CB-1R  he calls it.  I could never tell what it weighs now, but below 400 for sure. 

The only thing I might have done differently, was set up the bike for best rake/trail before fabricating the tail so the orientation of the seat was best.  Looks great, but not sure what he did to the suspension.  Perhaps a Ohlins in the rear but no mod to the front; GVE maybe? 

Does anyone know what swing arm he used?

I love the mesh in the top front covering.

Jerry
Still looking for time to work on the CB-1...
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2017, 05:58:27 PM »

wish there was more info on that particular CB1. Wondering where it is now? who rides it? is it only being used for track or street or both?
CB-1R  he calls it.  I could never tell what it weighs now, but below 400 for sure. 

The only thing I might have done differently, was set up the bike for best rake/trail before fabricating the tail so the orientation of the seat was best.  Looks great, but not sure what he did to the suspension.  Perhaps a Ohlins in the rear but no mod to the front; GVE maybe? 

Does anyone know what swing arm he used?

I love the mesh in the top front covering.

Jerry
Still looking for time to work on the CB-1...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: