Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2017, 12:55:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust system ideas  (Read 720 times)
msnitker

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:07:59 AM »

Hello--I'm fairly new to this forum and the CB1, bought mine last year as a second bike to cruise around town, and love it!  Wish they still made these new for import to the USA!

I've been thinking of changing the stock exhaust, have seen a few options on webbike, has anyone purchased from them before?  The Kerker option is not cheap, but looks most appealing to me.  My other option includes buying a used one on ebay and cutting off the can.  My current exhaust is in really nice shape, so I am not interested in chopping it up.

http://japan.webike.net/products/1543235.html
Jsboening

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 06:26:20 AM »

Welcome to the foru!, Glad to hear you're enjoying the Cb-1 so much, they are awsome bikes for sure. Here is an exhaust system on Craigslist that comes up in my searches quite often.  Might need a dent pulled out if you're picky, but may be worth a look.  Looks like he'll ship inside U.S. as well.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mpo/6065388812.html
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:46:29 PM »

I've ordered from webike. They offer free shipping at a set value which is nice. They drop ship a lot of stuff so don't be surprised if it takes a while as they may not have that item in stock. That said they have recently been posting some cool vintage cb-1 bits on ebay so maybe they've had a NOS warehouse clearout.

To note, they do things properly so expect to be stung for the full import duty cost. No 'gift' or undervalued sendings here.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
msnitker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »

Thank you, this helps me feel better about potentially parting with 761.00 for a new exhaust system (Kerker) from Japan.  The US Kerker folks say it's a different company, and they don't have one they can ship domestically--I wasn't surprised knowing that they are two very different markets. 

Somewhat related, I did see a stock exhaust posted on US ebay, with scratches (bike was dumped) and it was 400.00!  Are they that rare/hard to get? 

Thanks also for the ebay tip--I'll check it out!
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 01:59:26 PM »

Welcome to the foru!, Glad to hear you're enjoying the Cb-1 so much, they are awsome bikes for sure. Here is an exhaust system on Craigslist that comes up in my searches quite often.  Might need a dent pulled out if you're picky, but may be worth a look.  Looks like he'll ship inside U.S. as well.

Thanks Jsboening for the heads up.  Since I was local to this seller, I contacting him (Chris) and today I am the new owner of this exhaust.  The small dent in #4 pipe he disclosed is actually much smaller than the pic leads you to believe.

That's the last of the major parts to find.  One last item to come in, then finding the time to put it all together.

Jerry
msnitker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »

The kerker looks like a nice unit--thanks for sharing the link, sounds like has a new owner.
Jsboening

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »

Thanks Jsboening for the heads up.  Since I was local to this seller, I contacting him (Chris) and today I am the new owner of this exhaust.  The small dent in #4 pipe he disclosed is actually much smaller than the pic leads you to believe.

That's the last of the major parts to find.  One last item to come in, then finding the time to put it all together.

Jerry

Awesome!  Glad it worked out for you.
msnitker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 05:43:57 AM »

I bought a used stock system from ebay, from a bike that had been down and the muffler was banged up but the headers were nice.  I looked at the webbike kerker set, but for the cost of the unit and shipping decided against shelling out 750.00 for the system and instead cut the can off of the used set, added a 2 inch adapter from the auto store to lengthen the unit close to the rear footpeg and mounting bracket.  I'll post some pics when it's done.  Depending on the tuning needs, I may end up with a supertrapp can.

My garage is already full of other stuff, and I was thinking of selling my fairly awesome condition stock exhaust system (no dents, slight surface rust, could use a good sandblast and repaint sometime in the future).  Is this a good idea, and how much do the good to great condition systems sell for?

Thanks, love riding this bike more than my z1000!  Holy smokes, these bikes are awesome.
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »

Someone is selling a nice stock exhaust for $400 on ebay.  I list yours relative to that one, perhaps a bit lower as that one has been there for a while. 

Supply and demand factor in on the exchange price.  Good luck.

Good on you for figuring out a different path on the exhaust.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: