Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 04, 2020, 05:19:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB-1 For Sale West Sussex UK - Bike now SOLD  (Read 2299 times)
KTM AL

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »

Here is my 1989 Honda CB-1 400 It is a nice clean bike with only just over 22 thousand miles ( 35633km). It was imported from Japan and registered in 2000.
I have just replaced the oil and filter & balanced the carbs . It  has had recent plugs fitted and air filter check also .
 It has a very good original stainless Honda exhaust, new Bridgestone rear and good front tyre. The chain and sprockets are also in good condition as is the battery and the seat has been recovered.
The paint work on the tank and panels is very nice, some of the engine casings are showing signs of ageing but nothing drastic.
 A great little well handling bike well suited to the shorter rider as it has a nice low comfortable seat height .
 Comes with 2 Honda keys and a printed bound Honda Service manual.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:01:52 AM by KTM AL » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:36:02 PM »

$940 U.S. dollars......dang...Not bad at all.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:56:46 PM by VintageHunter » Logged

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »

Rob, you can see cb-1s sell every week for not more than 1k on uk eBay. I think it's fair to say they're much less appreciated in uk than USA. But also much more common to find a bike which has lived outside and been owned by a succession of learner riders and mechanics.

750 is right around the going rate for a bike in running order with the annual inspection passed. This one isn't cheap but seems in better order than most even though the paint isnt original.

It would have to be an amazing example of the breed to fetch more than 1k.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 06:27:01 PM »

Here in the U.S. of A.......these condition CB1s seem to start at around $1800 or so....AND....some minor work or some "issues" will be discovered in them once purchased.
Rob, you can see cb-1s sell every week for not more than 1k on uk eBay. I think it's fair to say they're much less appreciated in uk than USA. But also much more common to find a bike which has lived outside and been owned by a succession of learner riders and mechanics.

750 is right around the going rate for a bike in running order with the annual inspection passed. This one isn't cheap but seems in better order than most even though the paint isnt original.

It would have to be an amazing example of the breed to fetch more than 1k.

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

I think a couple of the things that keep prices down a bit overseas (UK comes to mind) is the availability of other [newer] bikes in this displacement + the environment isn't the kindest [in the UK] for bikes that lived outside most of their lives. 

That said, there are a number of older and desirable bikes that had sheltered lives that command a premium price in the UK but are not really high in US.  I have been considering importing a few bikes to the US.  They take some effort but if in good nick, I think they are worth bringing over.  They have to be older than 25 years and in original condition.  So in 2017, that pegs bikes 1992 or older.  There are some nice bikes from the late 80's into the mid 90's that I would love to have in the bike collection.  I just need the time to work this, so nothing on this front until about 2021.  By then, bikes up to 1996 are game.

Jerry
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »

what bikes were you thinking about?
make, model, year.
I'd be interesting to compare notes.
I think a couple of the things that keep prices down a bit overseas (UK comes to mind) is the availability of other [newer] bikes in this displacement + the environment isn't the kindest [in the UK] for bikes that lived outside most of their lives. 

That said, there are a number of older and desirable bikes that had sheltered lives that command a premium price in the UK but are not really high in US.  I have been considering importing a few bikes to the US.  They take some effort but if in good nick, I think they are worth bringing over.  They have to be older than 25 years and in original condition.  So in 2017, that pegs bikes 1992 or older.  There are some nice bikes from the late 80's into the mid 90's that I would love to have in the bike collection.  I just need the time to work this, so nothing on this front until about 2021.  By then, bikes up to 1996 are game.

Jerry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: