Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:15:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB-1 Madison WI, need input as to value  (Read 820 times)
msnitker

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »

Hoping to get your expertise of its fair market value, all stock, 12K, runs excellent, new radials and chain/sprocket.  Clean, as you can see, tank and rest original, one scuff on front fender and rear cowl.   

Ballpark thoughts appreciated.

https://goo.gl/photos/ie8rvF7wkZoJFc7G7

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »

first of all............if you "really" want to sell your CB1 take better pictures. Meaning specifically, get her away from that leafy dirt path. Just makes the bike look "barnyard find-ish".....lowers the price by about $500 to $800 bucks...believe me.

Secondly, the bikes "appears" to be in good shape from the photos. it's good that the photos are high rez..buyers want to see the details, leaks, rust, pitting, seat tears, scuffs, etc...if any.

Thirdly, as a seller and buyer of these gems.....create a good ad for it. Meaning, nice pictures, full description, high rez photos, location, range you'd be willing to entertain (listen) to. You don't want butt-heads sending you emails saying "I've got $1000 cash, I'll take it now". Just sayin'

Other than that, and my opinion and 75cents will buy you a packet of gum, the bike could range between $2500 to $3000....depending on how quick you want to sell her or not.
GLWS.

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »

the more I looked at the photos and didn't even realize you had a video....umm..I'd say now $2800 to $3200......the bikes in good shape.
Also, describe if you have documentation, maintenance records, what owner # are you if you know, what's the general "history" of this particular CB1.

Good specimen you have.

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »

I'm going to disagree VH.  I think if this was my bike, I would list it at $3,500.  It is all original and complete even down to the little sticker on the swingarm to guide when to tighten the chain.  In the end, it might sell in the range you cite, but I would start out higher.

Good luck, a very nice bike.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »

Oh....i completely agree. Start high and work downward, so $3500 would def b a fair starting price point. Like the auto dealers, Honda Pilot 2013 for $ 35000. Driven out the showroom floor for $28,000.

Yes start high but rest assured that this CB1 will sell below $3500. It has to be almost "new" to sell for what it sold "when" it was actually new.
I'm going to disagree VH.  I think if this was my bike, I would list it at $3,500.  It is all original and complete even down to the little sticker on the swingarm to guide when to tighten the chain.  In the end, it might sell in the range you cite, but I would start out higher.

Good luck, a very nice bike.

msnitker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »

Thank you everyone for the ideas on price ball parks.  Yes, the video is included, it's all stock except for the tires and chain. 
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:02:03 PM »

dunno.....the more I look at this CB1 the more I think it may just sell for $3500 if the seller can hold out and not get anxious if "Benjamins" are flashed under his nose..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: