Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: CB1 for sale - Rochester NY  (Read 2245 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »

its always the same. When you are ready to buy....none to be had for miles around. When you don't have the cash....4 or 5 in great condition show up. it's never a coordinated effort. That's why next time, I'm going to HOLD THE F$#!K onto my money UNTIL one nice CB1 comes along. The hell with impulse buying.....
I wish I came across a deal like this a year ago, I bought mine for $1600 and have put at least that much more into getting it into the condition and the look that I wanted.

They are easy to sell, but hard to come by. If you don't need to sell it, then don't. You will rediscover and appreciate it in the years to come.

djf18374

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 08:43:49 AM »

Still for sale, come on guys...Somebody buy this thing. It hurts me to see it sit there and not get used. It's no longer registered or inspected so I can't ride it. Still started up now and again to stave off carb gum, but she needs a good home! And I need the space in my garage... Undecided

Open to offers    Smiley

Thanks for looking
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »

Sorry djf18374 I'm in the UK so I can't buy your bike bro. But I also can't see any Photobucket pics either. All I see is a black rectangle advising me to upgrade my account to enable third party sharing...Huh Which account? How? Anyone else getting this message?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »

yes...it appears "photoshop" company NOW wants to charge it's subscribers $500 per year to host your images....F! that mates. I'll leave the rectangle and so be it.

ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »

Waiting for my Mega-Millions numbers to be picked tonight...
djf18374

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pics inside the post...

The best I can do is point you to my craigslist ad for the pictures or pm me your email address and I can send them directly to you.

Sorry about that Sad
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 01:26:12 AM »

I agree VintageHunter. Greedy Fkrs indeed

Thank you djf18374. You can add photos of a limited size (192kb I think) by clicking the (Choose File) button down there. I haven't managed it on my phone yet because all my pics are too big.
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 01:30:50 AM »

I'm getting this message on your Craigslist link:

"Post not found.

A post with an ID of 6090444283 could not be found."
djf18374

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »

https://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/6217387702.html

Try that one...

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:10:20 AM by djf18374 » Logged
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »

That worked djf18374, though Google firstly tells me it doesn't recognise the server, then loads the HTML version of the page!! Thank you. Your bike looks better than the one that's got Jay Lenno excited on the west coast.

I'm sure there's a definable psychology to selling bikes, just as there is with everything. Price has a lot to do with it, as do the photos. Where and how you shoot the bike matters. Ask yourself:

What would I want to know about a bike if I was buying?

What location, views and close ups are important?

What features of the bike really sell it? No road scrapes and nice corision free engine panels would seem to be high priority.

If I had time I'd figure out a masterclass, but it's really all about emapathy and information. Some of the other questions to ask are:

Am I advertising it in the right place in the right way?

How do the professionals do it?

Why am I not copying them?

The answer is: You're selling YOUR bike. And that maybe the wrong mindset. You're advertising SOMEONE'S NEXT bike. So, whilst there's a dating style compatibility thing going on, insofar as how you've treated the bike is concerned, THEY are looking for an exclusive love deal.

I used to own an ad/marketing agency. I gave it up partially because I hate clients, and because I hate selling (especially myself to fools) even more. The lesson here is that GREAT products sell themselves to smart people. The job of the ad/marketing guy, just like the bike seller, is to make it easy for them to buy.

Finally, in another life I hand built and sold reproduction Victorian wooden wheelbarrows for 750 ($1,000)! Crazy? Even more so when you consider my 'competition' (who were supported by their county tourist board with free ad literature and tent space) were offering theirs for 50 - 250 and unable to sell them. At one show I sold NINE, and they did ZERO sales!!

Hope this helps.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 06:49:13 PM »

I hate clients too....they are a bunch of freakin' ignoramous' who don't know there butt-hole from the pie-hole.......so my goal is EIGHT AND OUT!.....eight more years and I'm F'n DONE.

That worked djf18374, though Google firstly tells me it doesn't recognise the server, then loads the HTML version of the page!! Thank you. Your bike looks better than the one that's got Jay Lenno excited on the west coast.

I'm sure there's a definable psychology to selling bikes, just as there is with everything. Price has a lot to do with it, as do the photos. Where and how you shoot the bike matters. Ask yourself:

What would I want to know about a bike if I was buying?

What location, views and close ups are important?

What features of the bike really sell it? No road scrapes and nice corision free engine panels would seem to be high priority.

If I had time I'd figure out a masterclass, but it's really all about emapathy and information. Some of the other questions to ask are:

Am I advertising it in the right place in the right way?

How do the professionals do it?

Why am I not copying them?

The answer is: You're selling YOUR bike. And that maybe the wrong mindset. You're advertising SOMEONE'S NEXT bike. So, whilst there's a dating style compatibility thing going on, insofar as how you've treated the bike is concerned, THEY are looking for an exclusive love deal.

I used to own an ad/marketing agency. I gave it up partially because I hate clients, and because I hate selling (especially myself to fools) even more. The lesson here is that GREAT products sell themselves to smart people. The job of the ad/marketing guy, just like the bike seller, is to make it easy for them to buy.

Finally, in another life I hand built and sold reproduction Victorian wooden wheelbarrows for 750 ($1,000)! Crazy? Even more so when you consider my 'competition' (who were supported by their county tourist board with free ad literature and tent space) were offering theirs for 50 - 250 and unable to sell them. At one show I sold NINE, and they did ZERO sales!!

Hope this helps.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »

Ah, I'm glad you get where I was coming from there VintageHunter. Not many do. They assume I'm an antisocial assh0le. The truth is I was far too accommodating. I already had the wardrobe full of Savile Row suits, and the fast Saab. I could have played the Prima Donna and acted like the genius designer I clearly was - according to the profits I created for my clients. We were very very good.

I literally invented the virtual agency concept. My people were all self employed and spread all over London. When I gave it up I owned the exclusive rights to an international sports event. 2-5 million!! No, I don't miss it.

This is better in lots of ways.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »

EIGHT YEARS.....and counting down the days my friend until I acquire enough F.O. money to tell these a$$hats to go F.Off.........eight years. Clients are totally unappreciative these days but I'm sure I'm not stating anything that anyone who has lived 35 years thru it doesn't know already (as you have stated). EIGHT.......YEARS.....
Ah, I'm glad you get where I was coming from there VintageHunter. Not many do. They assume I'm an antisocial assh0le. The truth is I was far too accommodating. I already had the wardrobe full of Savile Row suits, and the fast Saab. I could have played the Prima Donna and acted like the genius designer I clearly was - according to the profits I created for my clients. We were very very good.

I literally invented the virtual agency concept. My people were all self employed and spread all over London. When I gave it up I owned the exclusive rights to an international sports event. 2-5 million!! No, I don't miss it.

This is better in lots of ways.

djf18374

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »

SOLD, thanks to all who showed interest.
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »

Thanks for coming back to post what happened.  Many riders do not...

Safe riding when you get the chance again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: