Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
September 25, 2017, 05:56:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to the Track need do's and don'ts  (Read 336 times)
Dash

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »

So in 3 weeks time Im going to the Brno track with the CB-1.

Are there any things I should take into account when riding the track on the CB-1? Ive heard scary stories of the front brake fading quite quickly for example  Shocked

Tips / warnings are more than welcome.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »

I've done a few trackdays in the UK on the Cb-1 and discovered the following:

1. The single brake can struggle but fast riding is about being smooth so give yourself plenty of time to brake
2. Big bikes will blast past you on the straights and then slam their brakes on in front of you for the corners - this now means you have to contradict the previous statement.
3. There's not a lot of ground clearance on the CB-1 - remove the hero blobs from the pegs and if possible the centrestand. You will still ground out the pegs though
4. You may want to drop the tyre pressures by a few PSI once the tyres heat up after the first session but speak to one of the instructors or the tyre service guys about this, they will be able to advise you
5. Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about going fast - this will come in time, focus on getting the lines right into the corners to start with

After all this you will be hooked on trackdays and things will start getting expensive  Grin
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »

I've done a few trackdays in the UK on the Cb-1 and discovered the following:

1. The single brake can struggle but fast riding is about being smooth so give yourself plenty of time to brake
2. Big bikes will blast past you on the straights and then slam their brakes on in front of you for the corners - this now means you have to contradict the previous statement.
3. There's not a lot of ground clearance on the CB-1 - remove the hero blobs from the pegs and if possible the centrestand. You will still ground out the pegs though
4. You may want to drop the tyre pressures by a few PSI once the tyres heat up after the first session but speak to one of the instructors or the tyre service guys about this, they will be able to advise you
5. Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about going fast - this will come in time, focus on getting the lines right into the corners to start with

After all this you will be hooked on trackdays and things will start getting expensive  Grin

Thanks! Those are some helpful points.

My CB has more ground clearance due to the non-stock rear shock (Ive NO clue where its from) than stock bikes so I should be ok in that regard.

The one about early braking is a good one. I always thought light, small bike should brake later than the big boys.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »

not later, just less Wink but yes the bigger bikes can't carry the corner speed you can on a smaller bike but they will fire out of the corners faster and gain on you on the straights.
Just accept that you're going to loose the drive into the corner if they 'cut across' late and accept it's one of those things - I used to get really annoyed when this happened but a few excursions onto the grass soon calmed me down..... Sometimes it's better to hang back so you can get a clearer lap next time (I've even ridden into the pits and back out again to clear some space)
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »

Dash,
     How was your track day?
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »

Dash,
     How was your track day?

Thanks for asking Cheesy

See this thread for the reportt: http://www.hondacb1.org/forum/index.php/topic,5476.0.html

ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »

Dash, some more on my race bike...

http://www.hondacb1.org/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: