Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
July 27, 2017, 12:38:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preferred Oil.  (Read 129 times)
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:06:29 PM »

What are you guys using? Most sport bikers are a fan of Rotella T-6 oil but I notice that shifting starts becoming noticeably clunky and notchy at around 1200 mi in my CB especially after a few miles after startup when the oil heats up and gets thinner. This is usually a sign that the oil is getting sheared down and although it looks and smells clean and feels slick between the fingers the viscosity is no longer what it was when new.

Remember unlike other sport bikes our bikes (and older VFR's) not only have transmission gears but they also have valvetrain gears helping to grind down the polymer molecules in the oil. I believe if you were to design the perfect oil shearing machine it would come out looking similar to a CB-1 engine. Grin Anyhow, do any of you have experience with a good but affordable oil that gives silky smooth shifts for a longer duration between oil changes?
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:37:51 AM »

Mobile 1 15-50 was marked down at Walmart so I tried a sump full of that. Shifting is slicker than snot and eerily quiet now even once heated up. Probably a little more parasitic drag due to it being a thicker oil but I'm not after maximum MPG's or dyno runs, just gallivanting around town. Will see how it holds up over time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: