Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel line with 180 degree turn  (Read 697 times)
straynut

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »

I replaced my fuel filter recently and noticed the line from the gas tank to the filter was getting old and brittle, so I replaced it. But the way it's routed, it seems to make a 180 degree U-turn so I think it's kinking.

Has anyone replaced theirs and found either a good condition OEM part or a molded replacement? I saw UncleJemima's post but everything else including the pump is working fine, so I'd rather replace just the fuel line if possible.

I did find a part on oempartzone.com, but all their website info (About, return policy) still has lorem ipsum stock text in it which seems really sketchy. Has anyone bought something from them successfully?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »

if I'm not mistaken, the OEM fuel line is indeed already manufacturered to have that permanent "180 degree "U"-shaped" bend in it.
that's why replacing the line, you'll have to get creative about how you route it.

You may want to check HOnda, see if they have another bike (perhaps the CBR600) that may have a similar line?
I'm guessing here.

Dash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »

Arent there 'sleeves' you can put around the fuel line that keep the line in shape, even in a bend?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »

there are sleeves but I think the issue is that once you begin to bend a standard "straight" fuel line....it will kink. apparently the OEM one that is on the CB1 stock already has it forged with that 180 degree U-shaped bend. I know...I had to remove mine to get the engine worked on and the mechanic told me......if you can find another one of these 'bent' fuel lines.....grab it.

hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »

Could this part of the hawk help?

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nt650-hawk-gt-1988-j-usa-california_model1090/tube-fuel_16953mn8000/#.WV5igFFpw1k
straynut

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »

Nice, thanks guys! That Hawk one is not quite the right shape, but that's a good call to check the CBR600/Hawk/other Hondas to see if there's something closer.

Yeah we tried a metal coil instead of the sleeves to keep it from kinking, but the problem is bending a straight tube that far to begin with. There don't seem to be a lot of options for getting creative with the routing, it's pretty tight in there. I might try just a longer section of tubing though.
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »

Nice, thanks guys! That Hawk one is not quite the right shape, but that's a good call to check the CBR600/Hawk/other Hondas to see if there's something closer.

Yeah we tried a metal coil instead of the sleeves to keep it from kinking, but the problem is bending a straight tube that far to begin with. There don't seem to be a lot of options for getting creative with the routing, it's pretty tight in there. I might try just a longer section of tubing though.

If you put braided fuel tubing in very hot water (probably cooler than boiling) for a minute or two with two pieces of steel rod that fit tightly into each end of the tube, leaving a gap, and bend it BEYOND the desired bend angle for another two minutes. Then fish it out and put it under a cold running tap. This way you can create angles that will persist in service.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 05:47:29 AM »

I just used a longer length of normal fuel hose and looped it around the shock (and cable tied it to the frame) to give a more gentle curve.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »

that'll work too.

juanvan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 11:53:55 PM »

Sorry the OEMPARTZONE Site is not Live yet.
We are finishing it up this week and you will be able to order from it.

The site is Ran by Riva Yamaha
Rivaracing.com has the same parts list.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

John Arnone
HLSM.com
weid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »

I just used a longer length of normal fuel hose and looped it around the shock (and cable tied it to the frame) to give a more gentle curve.

can you get a picture of this? trying to see how this would work without getting rubbed on by the shock? are you going over the top and back under it or just looping back and forth over or under the shock? how much fuel line did you use?
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »

I used most of a 1 metre length of hose and just went from the tank back to the frame cross member and then looped it around the shock (cable tying it in place to the frame) and back to the fuel pump. Not ideal but an easy solution!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: