Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2017, 12:58:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: airbox update  (Read 227 times)
joseb90

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »

17230-kaf-900 is what I need. This is the newer 1990/91 low profile upper/lid (with single snorkel) for airbox (universal) base. Can anybody find one on the globe. I certainly cannot. Any help appreciated
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 12:29:06 PM »

17230-kaf-900 is what I need. This is the newer 1990/91 low profile upper/lid (with single snorkel) for airbox (universal) base. Can anybody find one on the globe. I certainly cannot. Any help appreciated

joseb90, have you checked with David Silver in the UK? I found this looooooong list when I Googled that part number:

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/stocklist.php

I have no idea how to do it (unless you join an anime site to learn Japanese), but searching Japanese forums and auction sites might be the best way. My guess is that most of the later Mk2 models never left Japan. Ergo, the greatest chance of finding one will be there.

Has anyone ever tried this?
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »

The Japanese always used to buy and sell via Yahoo auction, back in the day. A few guys found an agent, a few others scraped by with automatic translation software. Log time ago though, don't really remember.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »

The Japanese always used to buy and sell via Yahoo auction, back in the day. A few guys found an agent, a few others scraped by with automatic translation software. Log time ago though, don't really remember.

Thank you a_morti. It's like another world. They are somewhat isolated still in many ways.

It occurs to me that repairing and modifying old bikes is a kind of recycling, indeed one of the best. Therefore this is a type of agorism. I only know of one guy in Japan and he's not a biker, but he is a leading proponent of agorism. I'll see if he can point us to a way in which we can bridge the distance, cultural and language gaps.
joseb90

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »

Hi all. David Silver spares UK where incredibly helpfull originally, providing me with obscure Honda partcode for single snorkel airbox cover. Everybody acknowledges part is no longer manufaxtured and is out of stock. Looks like I shall be attending mega auto jumble next week. I do have an obscure lead from a breaker literally accross the globe. Maybe that will pan out though cannot imagine freight cost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: