Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
September 25, 2017, 05:50:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching...again. Alas my beloved CB1 is on loan  (Read 549 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »

So, I just dropped off my beloved CB1 "Black" i just finished fully updating to my brothers.
It's his 50th birthday next month and he's such a good guy that he deserves some distraction in his tomatal chaos life.
So...depending on how I can move funds around, I may be eyeing for another CB1.

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »

So, I just dropped off my beloved CB1 "Black" i just finished fully updating to my brothers.
It's his 50th birthday next month and he's such a good guy that he deserves some distraction in his tomatal chaos life.

Time to get a different bike.  If you get another CB-1, you might have 2 when it comes back...  You can still stay on the site.

Try a (used?) KTM 390 duke or a Yamaha R3.   
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »

I'm lovin' those KTM390's...beautiful stylin but I'm a rather bigger (200lb) dude for 390 but I love the bike.
and same for the R3.....Love love the stylin' yamaha did on the R3's...sweet little things. Lots of fun I'm sure.

Time to get a different bike.  If you get another CB-1, you might have 2 when it comes back...  You can still stay on the site.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »

Or beat Jay Lenno to that posh one in Cali Wink
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

yeah.....posh one in CA right....funny you say that.
There are way way too many sweet CB1s ready to be had for 1/2 the price of that one in Cali...way way to many.

Or beat Jay Lenno to that posh one in Cali Wink

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »

If you are not too big for the CB-1, then the 390 or R-3 can work for you too.  There are plenty of 200 lb riders on those bikes.  They have EFI and ABS... or, a CB500F with ABS?

Or, you can wait for the CBR350!

Or KTM690

or this sweet ride!!:  https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/classifieds/for-sale-threads-buy-sell-trade/784703-1991-honda-vfr750f-italian-red-summer-blonde-16k-miles-clean
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:32:10 PM by spacetiger » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »

I'll never touch another VFR V-anything Spacetiger.
Don't like the low rpm "on-off" feel that Vtwins and VFRs have. I had a Honda Hawk Gt650 "AND" a 2002 VFR800.....ended up not liking them at all......at all.

I like to have lightweight bikes that I can throw around left and right....the CB1 was perfect for that.
Perhaps a KTM390 could be fun.....I'm gettn' too old to have heavy bikes. Just don't like em anymore. Not for me.

I'm sure another good CB1 will pop up and now that I know a 900rr shock would make it just perfect....well....we're golden.
If you are not too big for the CB-1, then the 390 or R-3 can work for you too.  There are plenty of 200 lb riders on those bikes.  They have EFI and ABS... or, a CB500F with ABS?

Or KTM690

or this sweet ride!!:  https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/classifieds/for-sale-threads-buy-sell-trade/784703-1991-honda-vfr750f-italian-red-summer-blonde-16k-miles-clean

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 11:04:42 PM »

yeah.....posh one in CA right....funny you say that.
There are way way too many sweet CB1s ready to be had for 1/2 the price of that one in Cali...way way to many.

I know VintageHunter mate, I was kidding. I also like the idea of Leno missing out on a bike Wink
Jsboening

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 05:38:15 AM »

The problem with all those single cylinder bikes is they sound like glorified mopeds. Nothing like the mechanical melody of the CB-1. Those motors are meant for dirt bikes. Easy way for mfr's to save on development cost.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »

That's a good point.
The problem with all those single cylinder bikes is they sound like glorified mopeds. Nothing like the mechanical melody of the CB-1. Those motors are meant for dirt bikes. Easy way for mfr's to save on development cost.

Dash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 03:06:48 AM »

I'll never touch another VFR V-anything Spacetiger.
Don't like the low rpm "on-off" feel that Vtwins and VFRs have. I had a Honda Hawk Gt650 "AND" a 2002 VFR800.....ended up not liking them at all......at all.

I like to have lightweight bikes that I can throw around left and right....the CB1 was perfect for that.
Perhaps a KTM390 could be fun.....I'm gettn' too old to have heavy bikes. Just don't like em anymore. Not for me.

I'm sure another good CB1 will pop up and now that I know a 900rr shock would make it just perfect....well....we're golden.

Or KTM690

or this sweet ride!!:  https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/classifieds/for-sale-threads-buy-sell-trade/784703-1991-honda-vfr750f-italian-red-summer-blonde-16k-miles-clean

Stay away from KTM. Ive had 2 of them: a 620 Duke II and a 950 SM. Both were an absolute blast to ride. But my god, the issues Ive had with those bikes completely ruin the fun. When taking them for a ride you re not having a relaxed ride, you re constatly wondering when they re gonna break down and leave you stranded. Every rattle, clunk or vibration makes you shit yourself at that point. That makes them, in my eperience, utter crap to enjoy.

Why not try your luck at the other 400's of Ye Golden Age: ZXR 400, FZR 400, CBR 400.

Or, if you can fit on it, Ducati Monster. Very agile but it is a V twin.... A very smooth v twin mind you.

Even the Hornet is said to be agile as hell.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:08:39 AM by Dash » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »

I think my next quest will be the illusive CBR400rr.
Should have fun with that.
That's a good point.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »

That's a good point.

Who is it who needs to update their Photobucket account to be able to see photos?

Can anyone see this photo?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »

I can't see any of my photos nor share the image links.
Photofuket has royally screwed everyone.
they think they can now just flick a switch and begin to charge folks.....well F' them. I'll just cancel my account. Don't care how many years of photos are on their server. Screw them.
That's a good point.

Who is it who needs to update their Photobucket account to be able to see photos?

Can anyone see this photo?

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »

I can't see any of my photos nor share the image links.
Photofuket has royally screwed everyone.
they think they can now just flick a switch and begin to charge folks.....well F' them. I'll just cancel my account. Don't care how many years of photos are on their server. Screw them.

Totally agree VintageHunter. I hope they go the way of aol (once big enough on paper to buy Time Warner) now...?

I wonder if there are any friendly sites offering alternative services. I know there are alternatives to fb and TY already. What we need is open source tech and attitudes. Sadly theres zero chance of an US gov intitiatives with this moron in charge. He's computer illiterate! as well as possessing the limited vocabulary of a 1970s Amway sales leaflet - that someone tore in half and used in a 'bathroom emergency' 30 years ago!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: