Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:33:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carb model or alternative  (Read 228 times)
Nicknitrous

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »

Hi all

Does anyone know the model of the carbs on our bikes of if there is a direct swap for them, pilot screws are finished and need new ones or another set of carbs.

Thanks all
JamesM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »

Hey Nick,

I've been looking into the CB-1 carbs for awhile as whilst stripping mine down for a clean, I discovered one of my pilot air mixture screws had been murdered by a previous owner and was totally stuck. I wasn't able to free it and put the carbs back together after cleaning for a tune as I needed it for commuting. I managed to get them relatively balanced but its still a bit lumpy on idle as that one screw cannot be set.

To my knowledge the carb model is unique to the CB-1 - they are Keihin VG06 and the genuine Honda pilot screw set part no. is 16016-KAF-670. These are discontinued everywhere I've looked and contacted. Apparently the carbs share some parts with the Honda CBR600F1 Hurricane, but they are not totally interchangeable.

I've been posting up my findings on this thread on the forum http://www.hondacb1.org/forum/index.php/topic,5337.0.html

Last week (after a lot of searching) I found an online shop in China making aftermarket pilot screws that allegedly fit the CB-1 carbs. I don't know the measurements of the original screws (no info online) and mine are still in the running bike, so I took a chance and ordered x4 as they're not expensive. They have been dispatched but will take awhile to arrive. The link to where I found them is in that thread.

Once they arrive I'm going to remove my carbs again, strip them down and from advice on this forum use a lot of heat to try and free the stuck screw. Hopefully the new aftermarket ones will fit and I will be able to get my bike idling properly.

The only other option I know of is to find a second set of CB-1 carbs but I haven't seen any going recently in the UK. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a mod to fit Honda CBR400 carbs, but not sure.

There are also some aftermarket FCR racing carbs out there, but they cost over a grand most places I've seen 'em!  http://www.frankmxparts.com/Keihin-FCR-33-flatslide-racing-carburetors-Honda-CB-1-CB1

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: