Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:25:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Dino Maltoni - Honda CB1....I want  (Read 992 times)
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »

Guys, whats going on??

You're hammering someone for putting his his picture out there on his project.  We should be trying to attract that spirit of creativity on the site not shoe it away.  I know all projects will not appeal to all, but if we are not careful, we'll become a small focused site with only a few active members.  Having been a member of a few sites like this, I find them a bit sad as they love the specific bike(s) but are really killing it off.

I hope this builder would join this site and share his project. I am sure there are lots of things he could tell us, and we could help him a bit.  It would be wonderful to have a few project bikes to read about every week.  I can't seem to get solid traction on mine as there is a long list of must do's to get done beefore the end of the year.  With 5 working bikes, I cannot complain of not having a bike to ride so I stay on point with the other projects.  Perhaps next year...

Jerry

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »

Agreed Jerry.
here's a little tale.
when I had my Honda Hawk GT650, I was excited about this bike.
then I joined a Hawk Forum. Wont say which one but theres one in particular that has a "cult" mentality and most of it's asshat head members reside in either NJ, NY, PA basically the northeast area. Oh and theres one who's a moderator asshat who resides in Hawaii.
Anyhow...we had discussions about Hawks, and other bikes and "Other topics" and they even had a "controversial" section of which you could talk about "whatever"...so I thought. So, there were a few asshats in that forum and there was this one King of the Asshats who basically would attack venomously anyone who had a different opinion about anything, hawk or not. I lost interest in the hawk partially cause that community of asshats who were so territorial and combative in nature. Mind you, I'm an old fart so I'm not one to just sit there and take crap from anyone...so I bantered back and forth and after a while, they bored me.

Lesson learned: Jerry is right, if these projects bikes were to be more welcomed...perhaps there'd be more folks gladly posting.
Guys, whats going on??

You're hammering someone for putting his his picture out there on his project.  We should be trying to attract that spirit of creativity on the site not shoe it away.  I know all projects will not appeal to all, but if we are not careful, we'll become a small focused site with only a few active members.  Having been a member of a few sites like this, I find them a bit sad as they love the specific bike(s) but are really killing it off.

I hope this builder would join this site and share his project. I am sure there are lots of things he could tell us, and we could help him a bit.  It would be wonderful to have a few project bikes to read about every week.  I can't seem to get solid traction on mine as there is a long list of must do's to get done beefore the end of the year.  With 5 working bikes, I cannot complain of not having a bike to ride so I stay on point with the other projects.  Perhaps next year...

Jerry

stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »

fine looking custom cb-1. anyone should be able to put up their bikes on here and not fear such negative criticism.  i mean even down to his choice of clothes?  cmon now. 

'90 CB-1
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »

and I meant nothing negative to any of my UK riders - love you guys all, really.

Now, back to the post...

LOL VH, I know your AH from the other site!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:27:19 PM by spacetiger » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »

ahh...you know them well huh. the king of the A-hats had to move out the cold. He moved to South Florida. when I was on that site, I used to say how much I despised the cold. the King Ahat gave me grief left and right about the cold and what I panzy I was.......karma sucks don't it. He moved to the St.Pete area.....what a turd that guy was. Major turd.

anyhow, let's....back to the topic at hand.

I can appreciate machining and fabrication. Sometimes a little too much to the point I didn't even notice that the raddy was missing on that beautiful picture.
and I meant nothing negative to any of my UK riders - love you guys all, really.

Now, back to the post...

LOL VH, I know your AH from the other site!

spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

A blast from the bast... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZOGlgVldAs

Just need to get it mstched up to a CB-1 track day video...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:28:11 PM by spacetiger » Logged
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 07:11:02 AM »

I agree with welcoming anyone & their project to the site and normally work on the principle that if I've nothing positive to say, I keep quiet. A you all know I'll offer any help I can where possible but there was just something about this bike and the way it's being presented that got to me.
I shall now go and think happy thoughts involving twisty roads and a rev happy 400 Grin
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 07:53:30 AM »

It's rather cold and rainy here on Mud Island today, I'm thinking of moving to a warmer climate. Any suggestions? My priorities are: no LA type hoodie wearering posers with engineering defficiencies. Plus I'm lazy about leaning languages, and my attention to detail is part of a recognised psychological/personality state called LLI, so I tend not to apolgise for spotting when the king/POTUS has no clothes.

I'm not convinced I was hammering the guy for no reason Jerry. He made some big mistakes. Had he joined here himself and posted a pic of the bike by itself - without pretended he was a design genius waiting to hear from a reeality TV cable channel, I would have asked him about his choices. But that's not what happened is it?

We all have our definitions of what an asshat is VH. I participate in debates with ex marines on the much more weighty topics of foreign deployment of US troops on behalf of the bānks and corporations. They threaten to kick my head in just for failing to acknowledge their pathetic dependency upon their perpetual service myth! They threaten to kill me when I point out that the government's own statistics of 90% civilian casualties prove they're baby killers.

They run away crying when I point out that the reason so many of them commit suicide is due to the guilt of those crimes, and not the bullshit cover stories (I saw my buddies all get killed but I survived, and now I feel guilty) their VA psych doctors told them to tell people. That denial is preventing them from dealing with their real problems.

Similarly, this guy has created some major issues for himself. I'm guessing he lives in LA, but I could be that he just aspires to do so. Either way, he's literally contrived to carry a warmer climate (and a potentially dangerous steamer) with him. I believe that level of dumb thinking deserves to be pointed out.

And here's my honest claim which I've lived by for decedes: If I make a mistake, I actually GENUINELY HOPE someone will point it out to me. We don't learn anything from inappropriate polite praise.

Read Walter Jacobson's bio of Steve Jobs, and you'll find out why EVERYTHING we are using today is down to that man's innate ability to be intolerant of mediocrity. All the important innovation in the tech business was deployed first by Apple. All the other (at the time) bigger companies with R&D departments ten times bigger, literally innovated nothing. Why? Because no one told them they were making shit. It's Darwinian. It's how we evolve.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:00:09 AM by ModerateFkr » Logged
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

Against my better judgement, I've now downloaded these two pics, and now I can see the rear brake reservoir. It's an uglyassed piece of plastic at the best of times, but he chose to expose it like a schoolyard pervert, and didn't even clean it first!!!

Having said that, I do quite like the frame mods. They look fairly good, and the concept is worthy of a pro job. The triangulation is about right, thoug the rear tube seems to be too low in relation to the existing swingarm and engine mounting bracket. It needs to be higher than/ forward of the rear edge.

But as your eye follows that line, you see the lower rear section of the tank hanging out below like a shirt tail - partially disguised by what I fear might be extended hot water pipes!!!

Then you notice the line of the white seat trim is irregular!

And is that rear disk badly scored? The front one appears to have a step too.

You may accuse me of being picky and over critical. But these guys have presented this as an exhibition piece. It's not. It's far from it. Plus, the more you look at it, the more it becomes clear thing may actually be unroadworthy and even dangerous on severeral levels. I'd be worried what else is to be found behind the scenes.

And that Honda roundel is too close to the edge of the red. But he's got standard Honda keys Wink
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 04:59:26 PM »

On the brake reservoir, this the item to get (PSR Integrated Rear Brake Reservoir):  https://www.google.com/search?q=PSR+Integrated+Rear+Brake+Reservoir&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS732US732&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqoMPzwsjVAhUn04MKHWOTDxUQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=AfuEryiLnJowRM:

You unscrew the hose connector portion of the OEM rear MC and screw this item on.  This eliminates the hose and remote reservoir.  It only holds so much fluid but you don't need a lot and it cleans the rear.

Jerry

samsdad

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »

My project is coming to completion (although it's never really ever done). Rather than have my creation dipped apart by a biased audience, I shall leave the results to myself.  The design of a motorcycle is a personal one. Yes it may affect the rideability of it, but as long as the person riding it is safe and enjoys it, nothing else that matters. 
VH, I will send you a couple pictures, as you have been respectable with your observations.

And let's all not forget...... If you have a hoodie. Make sure you use it only to wipe down your bike, as you will be criticized by someone with "way" more intellect and style than you.  If you get cold without it. I am sure he/she will let you borrow their snuggle.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »

My project is coming to completion (although it's never really ever done). Rather than have my creation dipped apart by a biased audience, I shall leave the results to myself.  The design of a motorcycle is a personal one. Yes it may affect the rideability of it, but as long as the person riding it is safe and enjoys it, nothing else that matters. 
VH, I will send you a couple pictures, as you have been respectable with your observations.

And let's all not forget...... If you have a hoodie. Make sure you use it only to wipe down your bike, as you will be criticized by someone with "way" more intellect and style than you.  If you get cold without it. I am sure he/she will let you borrow their snuggle.

check yer PM. Wink

stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 07:30:41 PM »

now see, dammit.  this is what im talking about.  i wanna see any custom cb-1's.  or stock really.  post some pics.  you cant care what some random people online have to say.  cant please em all nor are you trying to.  ive caught a little flack on my -1 by some picky people but dont let it get to me.  as long as im pleased. 

'90 CB-1
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »

same thing happened to me on that other (unnamed) Hawk GT forum. Asshats are abundant and the mob of asshats can indeed discourage the best of intentions. I'll admit, there are some CB1s that I've felt in the past compelled to comment on because it was not of my taste but..you are right....what I think should in any way, shape or form matter. We have lost the sense of debate and discussion here in this country due mainly in part to the libturds that exist in this country. it seems you can't disagree with something a person says, does, creates, without having major reprocussions......but again............THAT.........SHOULD.....NOT......MATTER. I too am guilty of not having enough thick skin but I too am guilty of throwing rocks at glass houses. We all want to show our beloved CB1s. And with that, we run the risk of someone on the known universe NOT liking what WE chose to do with OUR money, OUR time and OUR efforts. so be it. I've learned something recently from a fellow CB1er from the left. He made this statement once and it stuck like glue.

"Oh whelp, someone on the internet doesn't agree with me. I guess I'll have to move on". Let that sink in a bit. But Samsdad...if you want to show your creation I'd be happy to see it as I'm sure many here would. Don't let a few negative comments spoil ti for ya.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:26 PM »

samsdad, post your pics bro. And read what I actually wrote - all of it. If the guy that built this bike had posted normal pics himself, I would have asked questions, but I probably wouldn't have been as direct.

Instead someone else posted pics of two posers pretending to be LA style icons. They're worse than a parody of a bad dream. Plus they made HUGE errors that we can all see with our own eyes FFS.

I'm new here, so are you. But I'm sure like me, you've been around a bit and seen and done a lot of stuff. I don't give a flying fcuk what anyone thinks of me or my ideas, and neither should you. We're all adults. There's zero reason to behave like PC millennial virgins is there?

Seriously, just have the courage of your convictions. Post your pics. I'd post my latest acquisition if this site accepted normal sized images. And believe me, it's a mess. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. Indeed, it's so bad I'm considering breaking the bugger up and selling everything but the forks and the carbs on ebay to finance my main project.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: