Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dino Maltoni - Honda CB1....I want  (Read 993 times)
stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:22 AM »

"Oh whelp, someone on the internet doesn't agree with me. I guess I'll have to move on".
sounds like ross.  but he wouldve spelled it welp.  whelp is a baby dragon. 

'90 CB-1
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 08:52:35 AM »

BINGO.
he and I don't agree on a lot of things but there are 1 or 2 items I learned from him and that saying was one of them.

"Oh whelp, someone on the internet doesn't agree with me. I guess I'll have to move on".

stussels

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 08:57:17 AM »

Seriously, just have the courage of your convictions. Post your pics. I'd post my latest acquisition if this site accepted normal sized images. And believe me, it's a mess. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. Indeed, it's so bad I'm considering breaking the bugger up and selling everything but the forks and the carbs on ebay to finance my main project.

the thing is theres a big diff between posting pics of your project youve spent countless hours on that youre proud of vs. some pos factory bike you picked up for a song.  i dont know anything about the people who built the bike in this post but it looks like it may have been a father son project.  kudos to them.  hoodies and all.  

'90 CB-1
stussels

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »

BINGO.
he and I don't agree on a lot of things but there are 1 or 2 items I learned from him and that saying was one of them.

ross is an abundant wealth of honda knowledge.  every honda fan should know a ross.  hes a great guy regardless of his politics.  he once priced out a cb-1 part by part.  i think it came out to around $35k

'90 CB-1
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »

Jay-zuss....!
Well, as they say, the parts are worth more than the whole....right.

Yes, I sold Ross a CB1 blue immaculate condition tail section. it's when i was going to paint my CB1 smurf blue. Then I found a tank from the UK that was black in great shape for $150. I had to then paint the rest of the bike (only tail section and fender) black then to match the tank. I since gave my CB1 to my brother for his 50th birthday. He deserved it. My brother is a hard hard working man and sole bread winner of his household and one of his sons (my nephew) has a bad case of autism (non-functioning). My brother puts up with a lot of "Life $h!t" and he takes it well. Never complains, always plowing forward. He's one hellava inspiration for me these days.

Anyhoot.......back on track.

Post whatever picks you all want (except CB1s with wood in them) Wink

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 10:59:34 AM »

Seriously, just have the courage of your convictions. Post your pics. I'd post my latest acquisition if this site accepted normal sized images. And believe me, it's a mess. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. Indeed, it's so bad I'm considering breaking the bugger up and selling everything but the forks and the carbs on ebay to finance my main project.

the thing is theres a big diff between posting pics of your project youve spent countless hours on that youre proud of vs. some pos factory bike you picked up for a song.  i dont know anything about the people who built the bike in this post but it looks like it may have been a father son project.  kudos to them.  hoodies and all.  

You know if we were all in a bar together we would have such a good laugh. First one to turn up in a hoodie buys the drinks Wink

I taught my daughter to light camp fires at 6 and to pick roses with an air rifle at 8. But I wouldn't let her sit on a boiling kettle!!! Wink

The net is not the greatest medium for conveying who we really are. I'm regularly accused of being angry, when in reality I'm laughing, as I am now. It's all good bro.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:35 AM »

you and I seem to have been accused of the same thing. I too laugh at all this "discussion" back and forth on the net.
it's difficult to get emotion and feeling in words. that's why we have literary scholars who are suited for that purpose.
I, on the other hand, am someone with low reading comprehension and even lower writing skills.....so sometimes my "words" come across as angered as well...but in fact, I'm merely pointing out the obvious stupidities that exists in this world among-st the sheeple.

Moderate: we'd prob indeed get along ok and we'd prob disagree on many things and agree on many other things....and we'd prob get into a fist-fight at a bar from time to time and shake hands, hug and pick each other off the floor and start at it again. That's what makes life so colorful, even to a color-blind person like me.

...... I'm regularly accused of being angry, when in reality I'm laughing, as I am now. It's all good bro.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »

On the brake reservoir, this the item to get (PSR Integrated Rear Brake Reservoir):  https://www.google.com/search?q=PSR+Integrated+Rear+Brake+Reservoir&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS732US732&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqoMPzwsjVAhUn04MKHWOTDxUQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=AfuEryiLnJowRM:

You unscrew the hose connector portion of the OEM rear MC and screw this item on.  This eliminates the hose and remote reservoir.  It only holds so much fluid but you don't need a lot and it cleans the rear.

Jerry

Only just found this. Thanks for the tip Jerry, that's a great solution. I'm convinced the lower skirt on the CB-1 tail is only really necessary to hide the reservoir. This solves that issue. Cheers.
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »

you and I seem to have been accused of the same thing. I too laugh at all this "discussion" back and forth on the net.
it's difficult to get emotion and feeling in words. that's why we have literary scholars who are suited for that purpose.
I, on the other hand, am someone with low reading comprehension and even lower writing skills.....so sometimes my "words" come across as angered as well...but in fact, I'm merely pointing out the obvious stupidities that exists in this world among-st the sheeple.

Moderate: we'd prob indeed get along ok and we'd prob disagree on many things and agree on many other things....and we'd prob get into a fist-fight at a bar from time to time and shake hands, hug and pick each other off the floor and start at it again. That's what makes life so colorful, even to a color-blind person like me.

...... I'm regularly accused of being angry, when in reality I'm laughing, as I am now. It's all good bro.

Yep, emoticon dependency beckons for humanity I fear Wink
Peace - until some fool triggers the leader of a country with which hostilities were never officially ended after it was attacked in the 1950s!
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »

Yep, emoticon dependency beckons for humanity I fear Wink
Peace - until some fool triggers the leader of a country with which hostilities were never officially ended after it was attacked in the 1950s!

like I said, lets not go there.
these folks on the forums don't take kindly to speaking about politics nor religion, of the two we need one a lot more than the other....

but I'll end it with this. The U.S. is in a much stronger position now. the last eight years we gave the world and all it's "hostilities" the open door and look where it got us....where we are today. it wasn't the last 50..it was the last 8, you can bet on that.

"Fire and Fury" thats what I want on my tombstone. it's the only way to deal with the asshats of the world in todays times. Immediate, swift.....FIRE and FURY my friend. I'll leave you with this thought. America is a parent and the rest of the world are children. Some (ahem) children are spoiled little fat turds who think they can threaten their (ahem) father and get away with it. When I was wee-wee bit lad, the only times I remember punishment and end results were when my old man would smack me cross the teeth if I said a foul word to the my mom....immediate, swift yet never losing any teeth in the process. Another time was when I told the old lady go f off....and the old man took the leather to me, immediate and swft, right then and there...problem resolved. The one (and only) time I laughed at my dad for lashing me with the leather, he turned the belt around and lashed at me with the steel buckle....that $h!t hurt but...again.....problem resolved, swift and immediate. An action requires and "immediate and swift" reaction to counter it's affects. it's physics......its the climate we are in today. So, learn to survive in it. Be prepared, be cleaned, oiled and chambered and have the Good Book with ya at all times cause ya never know when YOUR maker will be ready to have that final meeting with you.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: