Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 13, 2017, 05:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google photos - testing  (Read 485 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »

Finally!....thanks Sugs...geez...how the hell do you guys figure this stuff out. Seriously. You have to be a freakin' programmer to figure this crap out.
I thought ASSEMBLER language was tough...crap this is freakin a nightmare.

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »

Sugs?

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 03:18:07 PM »

My bad....in my fervor of a heated anger fever I stated "sugs" but thanks Aaron.

Sugs?

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »

ok, no worries......it's too complicated and if it's only a band-aid thing then FK photofuket for good!.....the hell with this thing.
I hope that company goes bankrupt and burns in hell............damn them. sheesh...
ridiculous....how difficult this thing is.....AAAARRRRGGH!!!!

This ~original thing s just a band aid though. It's not any type of long term solution as PB will work it out for sure.

Hilarious VH. Smiley I've figured out why we disagree so much. We AGREE on the important stuff. Shite companies deserve to go bust. Corporate Darwinism.
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 04:19:13 PM »

Using Google Chrome on Windows 10:
Open your image page, click the image to go large, then right-click and copy image address. That very long link can then be placed in IMG tags.

Have you guys heard about the "~original" workaround for photobucket? Odds are they'll figure it out soon enough, but for now add ~original in front of the closing IMG tag and it'll work.

You're a very naughty boy a_morti Wink, but you've cracked their game for a while. Cheers, even though I won't be using PB.

I won't be using the satanic Google Chrome either. But I'm concerned for VintageHunter's health if I explain that one here. Suffice to say, Revelations 13/18 means more to the psychopathic elite than it should.

And that must be The Rock! Wow, great location, and a great shot. Very impressed. How did you end up there? I appreciate you don't get sprawling back gardens and garage space, but is it still a nice place to live? The architecture is a fine mix isn't it? Do you see much Moorish influence?

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 04:40:56 PM »

I want Aaron's CB1.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

I want Aaron's CB1.

It's got too many front disks VH Wink

That swingarm is a discreet surprise isn't it? Which bike is it from a_morti?
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 03:19:26 AM »

It is indeed the rock of Gibraltar. I ended up here some 5 years ago due to a job offer. My girlfriend came with me, she's now my wife, mother of my child, and co signature on our mortgage. Things have changed!

The swingarm, wheels, and discs are all cbr400 nc29. The forks are cbr900rrv, and the front calipers cbr929, rear caliper cbr600rr3.

I actually agree one disc is plenty on a cb-1. It's not needed and adds around 1.5kg unnecessary weight to have a pair. My ideal front end combo would be forks from a cbr900rrw/x which had 310mm discs, using one of the calipers I have. Shouldn't be too difficult to match something up with simple spacers to use a single Cb-1 original front disc.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 10:43:23 AM »

It is indeed the rock of Gibraltar. I ended up here some 5 years ago due to a job offer. My girlfriend came with me, she's now my wife, mother of my child, and co signature on our mortgage. Things have changed!

The swingarm, wheels, and discs are all cbr400 nc29. The forks are cbr900rrv, and the front calipers cbr929, rear caliper cbr600rr3.

I actually agree one disc is plenty on a cb-1. It's not needed and adds around 1.5kg unnecessary weight to have a pair. My ideal front end combo would be forks from a cbr900rrw/x which had 310mm discs, using one of the calipers I have. Shouldn't be too difficult to match something up with simple spacers to use a single Cb-1 original front disc.

You're a very lucky man a_morti. Good life partners are hard to find. I'm happy for all three of you. And I hear it's a great place to live. Sort of Spain without having to learn the language!;) Probanly the only way I could ever live in greater Europe area. Although a younger version of me did learn tiny bits of Mashona, Ndebele, Africaans, French, Norewegian and German, I've list it all!

I wasn't criticising your twin disk choice btw. Far from it. And I've read the back and forth on this one several times. As a fan of DOUBLE twin leading shoe anchors on the older classics, I actually like the security of two disks. So if you're going to add weight, another brake, specifically at the front would seem to be the best place, and the best reason.

It's top and high side weight I don't like, and is obviously best avoided. There's an out thrown weight issue based on the tyre to road fulcrum. So, obviously 1.5kg roughly centred around the wheel axle has a lower penalty than the four aluminium side panels for instance. If they were plastic or carbonfibre... Wink

Did you save much weight with the wheels? They look good too. Totally in keeping.

The real weight culprit is the (financial) choice of a large diameter perimiter frame in steel. I'm glad Honda did that, because the round tube is iconic and sets the CB-1 apart from all the others. Though I've got one propped up in my hallway right now and it's a beast! So with that in mind, I'm currently exploring the idea of fabricating a replica frame in aircraft alloy to roughly halve the frame weight. There's a bullet based bending technique that solves the usual issues with alloy.

That's in the future. I'd post a link to the ex Lotus guy who developed a commercial tube bender for this purpose, but the last two posts I shared on Pewag chains and the 90 carburetor screwdriver seem to have been ignored. Maybe I should have put it here with a Trump comment Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: