Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Push v Pull - How The Art of Japanese Woodworking is So Important  (Read 163 times)
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:53 AM »

Here's some Japanese Woodworking:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F91P71o_bWE

Title:

Amazing Primitive Technology Japanese Woodworking Fastest Work - Easy Techniques Wooden Tenon Joint

As I hope most of you have figured out by now, I have no respect for the rigid slavelike adherence to neurally injurious authority or self censorship. There's a reason why the world is getting dumber. If I'm wrong, then the title of this vid is correct in its assumptions. And if Rhian technology is indeed "primitive", then why can't any of us do this in our sleep? The answer is simple of course. These traditional techniques take years to learn, they are vastly superior to anything we have ever done in the West (even the great cathedrals), and therefore we wrongly regard them as something less.  

The traditional wooden buildings in Japan stand up to earthquakes. They have to mount the modern ones on computerised hydraulic suspension to achieve the same resilience.

So when we look at Japanese automotive technology, which is an example of them first copying, and then improving what was first pioneered in Europe, we should consider where they started from: a position of isolation and a natural superiority in the engineering design and construction departments.

Perhaps the lesson is that whilst no one really NEEDS an internal combustion engine, EVERYONE needs a good roof. And you couldn't find a better roof design than this.

But this shows us that Everything is connected. If the Japanese hadn't spent thousands of years perfecting and teaching these woodworking skills and techniques, and most importantly, the exceptional tools with which to make those joints so accurately and effortlessly, there never would have been a CB-1... because there would never have been a Honda Motor Company.

And of course, if the Japanese hadn't been tricked into declaring war (by a certain British spy), and the USA hadn't adopted every other aspect of Capt. Sidney Rogerson's 1938 eight point plan, and Oppenheimer and his palls hadn't enabled the USA to become 'The Destroyer of Worlds', there may still not have been a Honda Motor Company.

PS
All Japanese woodworking tools work by pulling them towards you. That's another intriguing fact to meditate on.  

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:17:39 PM »

Honda Motor Company is indeed a fantastic business.
We own a Honda Pilot. Wont pull much on the hitch but dang this thing is built well. Never an issue, ever.

That holds true for the CB1 as well. What a wonderful motorcycle. I miss mine terribly. I hope my brother ends up buying his own soon Wink so's I can get mine back.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: