Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2017, 12:57:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB1 after market full fairing  (Read 445 times)
york149

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:48:50 AM »

Hello all, many years ago i got hold of a german made full fairing kit for my CB1, to cut a long story short, i have only just got round to installing it & unfortunately 1 piece is missing the bracket assembly that holds the headlamp to the frame via a u-clamp, Does anybody have any information on which company manufactured them, or even a picture so i could make one? Thanks in advance Phil
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »

I saw a cb-1 with a fairing once. Just once, and I've been hanging around them a very long time. I think it's going to be a matter of making up something which works and looks close enough.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »

don't do it.
sell the faring.
The CB1 is such a beautiful bike WITHOUT the faring. don't do it.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

Hello all, many years ago i got hold of a german made full fairing kit for my CB1, to cut a long story short, i have only just got round to installing it & unfortunately 1 piece is missing the bracket assembly that holds the headlamp to the frame via a u-clamp, Does anybody have any information on which company manufactured them, or even a picture so i could make one? Thanks in advance Phil

Brush up on your Russian york149 and ask the guy who put up the Russian vid of a CB-1 with a fairing. I think it's blue, and there's snow on the ground. Good luck.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 05:53:27 PM »

Gross....sorry but the CB1 should not be covered up.

https://youtu.be/x-HngQm5DTs

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 08:34:09 PM »

Gross....sorry but the CB1 should not be covered up.

https://youtu.be/x-HngQm5DTs

Yep, he ruined it. It seems we agree VH! Wink

But I can see the point of a full fairing on any bike in bad weather conditions. You live in SoCal. You'll never need one you lucky boy! A Geiger counter, clean water supply and factor 30 maybe Wink

York149, take a look at his earlier vid, and the before shots in this vid. He's cut the top clean off!! Crazy mofo. He may still have the bracket you need.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »

Well....I'll tell you a story one day bout man and his kin, moved from N.E. DC which blowed a bunch and then. Horrible place to be....then he moved to Beverly (well, not Beverly but close nuff).....

Long story my move. Someday. It was a long and arduous plight that got me here but I'm here and hopefully never leavin'.

But yes, in climates where it's sun all the time...sure keep the neked bike look. In climates that rain all the time....well, I pity those that have to spend their days there but farings would help out.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:30:40 AM »

Well....I'll tell you a story one day bout man and his kin, moved from N.E. DC which blowed a bunch and then. Horrible place to be....then he moved to Beverly (well, not Beverly but close nuff).....

Long story my move. Someday. It was a long and arduous plight that got me here but I'm here and hopefully never leavin'.

But yes, in climates where it's sun all the time...sure keep the neked bike look. In climates that rain all the time....well, I pity those that have to spend their days there but farings would help out.

You made a good move VH. In not jealous, but the idea definitely appeals to me. I was born in North Wales. It blows there too. But I still feels like home. I've riden motorcycle and bikes there and enjoyed every minute.

One day I will ride the PCH in both directions I hope. But I refuse to fly into the USA to be offered the non choice of being irradiated or sexually assaulted by the thieving TSA. So my entry will most likely be via Canada.

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

It's the moderate and vh show again.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:22:49 PM »

yeah...don't that seem the case all the time?
Seems we both stray off topic a lot.
Hard to contain oneself on "only" motorcycle subject matter............but you are correct Aaron.

Let's get back on track.
Farings......on a CB1. Again, don't do it.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »

yeah...don't that seem the case all the time?
Seems we both stray off topic a lot.
Hard to contain oneself on "only" motorcycle subject matter............but you are correct Aaron.

Let's get back on track.
Farings......on a CB1. Again, don't do it.

That's a narrow track. Riding the PCH and what it takes to achieve that is a motorcycling topic. Whether a fairing is needed by an individual biker is a matter of opinion best decided by that particular biker. Whether he needs the bracket that's missing from his fairing is a no brainer. Of course he needs it.

So the real question is why individual opinion should influence the amount of help he gets to find one. The principle should follow Voltaire's: Even if I disagree with your choice, I defend your right to make it.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »

Agreed.....on the narrow track.

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »

I was hoping you'd agree on the basic principle VH.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »

I agree on that too.
if a rider needs to have a faring on the CB1 to operate in his environment...ok, then. His choice.
Like you said, here in SoCali.....it never rains so I can see where I wouldn't want one on mine (if I still had it in my possession that this........geez I hope my brother gets tired of the CB1 soon Wink

ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:24 PM »

I agree on that too.
if a rider needs to have a faring on the CB1 to operate in his environment...ok, then. His choice.
Like you said, here in SoCali.....it never rains so I can see where I wouldn't want one on mine (if I still had it in my possession that this........geez I hope my brother gets tired of the CB1 soon Wink

That's cool VH.

I've often wondered what bike I'd ride in your part of the world. I might actually ride a FatBoy chopper of the type the Essex guy built/still builds? But I have no idea why. Maybe I like the idea of an obscure tribute to Gram Parsons. Or something that could get way off the highway in the low desert, and camp where the brush is so dense the CHP choppers can't touch down. So much poetry and mythogy to play with. You see what HollyWeird has done to us over here?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: