Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 20, 2017, 09:13:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rectifier problem :(  (Read 217 times)
chesterch05

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »

Ok so I road tested my CB-1 and on short trips my battery is always discharged. I have checked the alternator. Nothing seems to be burned out or anything, so I guess its the rectifier.

But my problem is the rectifier on my bike was from a different bike i think. The wires was just spliced together. So I ordered one for the CB-1 with the connector and will arrive in a few days. My problem is the 3 yellow wires. Are the 3 yellow wires the same or different? How will I identify the correct wires?

And about the rectifier, will any 5pin rectifier work? or it should be specific for CB-1?
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »

Yes the 3 yellow wires are interchangeable.

I'd have someone who knows what they're doing, take a look. You can spend a lot of time messing about changing parts for fun, if you don't find the actual problem.

Since the bike was painted, I'd take the green lead from the regulator direct to the battery.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
ModerateFkr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:25:26 PM »

Yes the 3 yellow wires are interchangeable.

I'd have someone who knows what they're doing, take a look. You can spend a lot of time messing about changing parts for fun, if you don't find the actual problem.

Since the bike was painted, I'd take the green lead from the regulator direct to the battery.

That's great advice a_morti. Earthing issues are very common, as are dry joints between spliced wires.

Electrics often infuriate me. My shower is stuck on low power. All I did was change the shower head. But it has a different pressure, so something isn't getting triggered correctly. I've put a meter on it, but I do t want to strip it down without a new shower just in case. I blame my apprentice training programme, it didn't include electrics. I excelled at most of the other stuff!

Baby steps and methodically checking each possibility in turn seems to be the answer to all these electrical issues.

chesterch05

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:09:16 AM »

Thanks. I will try to replace it once it arrives. I do know a little bit about wiring and I just want to make sure that I wont be damaging anything else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: