Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 11, 2017, 09:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coolant hose kit?  (Read 404 times)
nightkid

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Hi all
After fixing my radiator, a new problem occurred; crack coolant hose (the one connecting to the top of the rad from the filler cap).  I thought I could get a replacement hose set, might as well considering they are all pretty old.  Problem is I can't seem to find any replacement ones for a NC27 considering there are a lot of NC27s riding around.  I read somewhere that a NC23 kit will work on a NC23 (minus a couple of hoses) as the bike used the same engine and I assume the rad is positioned in the same location.  Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks,
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »

It was probably me who replied last time and yes the Samco hose kit for an NC23 will work on a CB-1.
 There are 2 thin hoses which go from the water pump to the oil cooler behind the oil filter on an NC23 which are not required and the hoses from the chrome outlets in the head to the thermostat housing need a bit of a tweak but otherwise all good
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »

Might be able to use automotive heater hose also if you can find the right ID. Just cut off the length you need.
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 12:00:37 AM »

Might be able to use automotive heater hose also if you can find the right ID. Just cut off the length you need.

Perhaps for a few of the hoses but most of the CB-1's hoses are molded and you can't get heater hose to make the tight bends without kinking.

Eric
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »

Perhaps for a few of the hoses but most of the CB-1's hoses are molded and you can't get heater hose to make the tight bends without kinking.

Eric

Got it. I still have my originals but that is a bridge I will have to cross myself eventually if I keep the bike long enough for one of them to fail (knowing my luck it will happen somewhere in BFE so I should replace those nearly 30 yr old hoses now before that happens).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: