Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 11, 2017, 09:45:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rain tyres for standard Rims  (Read 298 times)
Dash

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »

So, last wednesday I was supposed to be at the track. Problem was, it was absolutely pouring down all day. Not wanting to risk a slip n' crash on a completely soaking track, I opted to stay at home just to be safe. Shame about the sign up fee though.

So that got me thinking, are there any proper rain tyres available in the sizes for the CB-1 rims? They're old and take tyre sizes that are not exactly modern nor sports-assosiated...

Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:27 AM »

The guys who race the 300 Ninjas with our club (BEMSEE) use Diablo Rosso's in the dry and Pirelli wets which are an odd size 100/80/17 front & 125/70/17 rear (it's normal for wets to be a different size to dry tyres as you want to spread the tyre for a better contact patch - or something like that was explained to me  Huh. The Ninja wheels are the same width as those on the CB-1

This is all getting very serious Dash, having 2 sets wheels, you'll be taking up racing next  Cheesy
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:06:02 AM »

The guys who race the 300 Ninjas with our club (BEMSEE) use Diablo Rosso's in the dry and Pirelli wets which are an odd size 100/80/17 front & 125/70/17 rear (it's normal for wets to be a different size to dry tyres as you want to spread the tyre for a better contact patch - or something like that was explained to me  Huh. The Ninja wheels are the same width as those on the CB-1

This is all getting very serious Dash, having 2 sets wheels, you'll be taking up racing next  Cheesy

Pirelli wets eh? Thats an excellent suggestion. So there are rain tyres that fit the CB rims. Good news indeed!

I happen to have an extra set of rims laying about. Wink

And It s not like Im trying to become a moto GP rider. Its just that I was really bummed out at not being able to do a trackday due to rain... Stupid climate we have here.
Ive one chance left this season but Its gonna be tricky getting a spot I fear. depening on the forecast, Im gonna take a look at these pirelli wets.

Thanks for the info!

Also, diablo Rosso's also fit the CB1 rims then? Ive heard good things about those. Might be an alternative to the S20 Evo's Im running now, by means of an experiment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: