Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:17:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Neked" CBR F3 Cafe - I think it was nicely modded.  (Read 306 times)
VintageHunter

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2017, 03:47:42 PM »

and now he's got a sweet 600 bike.
good job.

http://www.naked-speed.com/cbr600/

Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:17:35 AM »

I just don't get this whole putting 1960's style rounded seat units on angular 1990's bikes, the shape is just all wrong.
Now imagine that bike with a Cagiva Mito or Ducati 916 or late model Fireblade seat unit and it just fits in with the rest of the bike so much better.

that said the rest of the bike looks pretty tidy but I would want a bit more support to the rear subframe Shocked
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 07:45:38 AM »

The single leg subframe caught my eye too, pod. First thing you'd need to do is add some triangulation in there.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

agreed on the whole "seat/tail" thing.
I've never been a fan of those flat pan type seats. They have to follow the lines of the bike and when you FORCE the pan-seat motif, well, it's just wrong. I know, to each his own but it does not look good.

Same with CB1s. there are very few who could get away with using that rounded rear tail faring on the CB1. I've posted up a few examples but some feel that when they take the seat, chop off the rear and make it "flat", that it looks good....it doesn't. I can appreciate "craftsmanship" in the effort, but the overall "flat pan" seat look doesn't compliment these bikes.

I'm not the one riding it right.....as most would respectfully disagree.

I just don't get this whole putting 1960's style rounded seat units on angular 1990's bikes, the shape is just all wrong.
Now imagine that bike with a Cagiva Mito or Ducati 916 or late model Fireblade seat unit and it just fits in with the rest of the bike so much better.

that said the rest of the bike looks pretty tidy but I would want a bit more support to the rear subframe Shocked

Sugs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »

Here's one for ya.  One of my favorites.  Macchia Nera concept.

1979 Honda GL1000 Goldwing - 1990 Honda CB1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: