Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 17, 2017, 04:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Detroit Michigan 1990 Honda CB1 All Original 8900 Miles Runs Good $900  (Read 1135 times)
crxb5

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:41:17 PM »

Bike Starts Right up and will run all day. Shifts through all the gears smooth. Brakes work well also. Has new battery and filter. Bike is in decent shape for its age. Only thing wrong with the bike is the front forks may be slightly bent from a previous wreck? Lights and turn signals work as well.  Bike Sat for 10 years before i got it.  I cleaned the carbs, tank, new battery, and fluids.  $900 firm  https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/6292612140.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:34:49 AM by crxb5 » Logged
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

Seems to be a good candidate for a project fixer upper.
Assuming the frame is not bent.

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:57 PM »

also, obviously been repainted re-decaled cause that's not the correct "CB-1" emblem.

though, still looks in decent shape.

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »

I'm curious....your price here on this forum states "$1000 firm" yet the price in the CL ad in Detroit states "$900"......clarify if possible.
Bike Starts Right up and will run all day. Shifts through all the gears smooth. Brakes work well also. Has new battery and filter. Bike is in decent shape for its age. Only thing wrong with the bike is the front forks may be slightly bent from a previous wreck? Lights and turn signals work as well.  Bike Sat for 10 years before i got it.  I cleaned the carbs, tank, new battery, and fluids.  $1000 firm  https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/6292612140.html

crxb5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:27 AM »

$900 takes her. Bike may have a slight top end noise or rod knock.  Hard to tell where noise is coming from.  Runs fine though  Frame doesn't appear to be bent.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »

ok, more information for your sale would be helpful.
1. tank innerds? rust, clean? take a picture and post.
2. tank exterior? dented, good, fair? same as 1.
3. tail-tabs cracks, bondod'd? take close ups.
4. engine close ups.
5. why selling it?

more info would be helpful to you and the potential buyer.

zeer0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »

Iím the new owner of the above mentioned bike, and a brand new member here.
The bike is in good shape for the price I paid( I won the eBay auction).
I got it back home to NC yesterday and already have the forks off(needs seals) and have started the refurbishment. The knock it has seems to be the starter clutch and it needs some T.L.C.  This has been on my bike bucket list for years and Iím stoked to get it on the road.
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »

Well Hot-dang! Congrats.
Seems you got a good "project" bike for yourself.
welcome......post some better picks so we can see what yer up against.
How much of your own work can you do?
You said you had the forks off already.......so you must be pretty handy on these little beauts.

Again, congrats. Now if you proceed to the front desk, you will be assigned a patient number from the psych-ward as well as your meds cause this will soon become an addiction. Good luck.
Iím the new owner of the above mentioned bike, and a brand new member here.
The bike is in good shape for the price I paid( I won the eBay auction).
I got it back home to NC yesterday and already have the forks off(needs seals) and have started the refurbishment. The knock it has seems to be the starter clutch and it needs some T.L.C.  This has been on my bike bucket list for years and Iím stoked to get it on the road.

zeer0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

Thanks, pics will be posted shortly.
As for the work, I can do all of it, thankfully. Former bike mechanic and persuer of less than popular Honda bikes. Current rides include 2 Hawk GTís a 73 CB350, and an 86 VF500f interceptor that is in final stages of resurrection.

As for the addiction, Iíve had MBS for a loooonnng time, so Iím quite familiar.🤣
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

Welcome zeer0.

I'm sure you will love the bike once it's sorted. I hope you have an easier time replacing the fork seals than me, took me ages and lots of heat to get them apart and I destroyed the bushes so be prepared to replace them too. Have fun :-)
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »

That's a great deal especially if you don't have to go into the engine. These things are a hoot.
zeer0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 09:40:54 PM »

Yeah, I think I did alright. Won the eBay auction at $720. Iíve already ordered a better tank, right crankcase cover, and an oem tail light. Should have it back together in a week or so. Canít wait to get it on the street.
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 08:12:10 AM »

Any updates to report???
eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 06:53:45 AM »

I can't believe I missed this one.   I just picked up a VFR a month before this ad so I was probably not looking at the time.   We need pics!
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »

I can't believe I missed this one.   I just picked up a VFR a month before this ad so I was probably not looking at the time.   We need pics!

the link no longer works, showing the "questioning mule linkie symbol"? (mule with a puzzled look).
oh well...I'm sure it got sold.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: