Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:17:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Touch-Up Paint News! With Pics!  (Read 303 times)
Efreeman55

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »

Recently I decided to remove my rear cowl and touch-up a few small nicks in the paint where the PO had used a bungie cord over the back of the seat.  Nothing major and pretty much hidden behind my Hepco Becker rack but something I'd been wanting to do for a while.  

I purchased a touchup bottle kit from Colorite and after dabbing a bit of blue into the spots, I discovered to my dismay that the original Honda paint is extremely thin!  As soon as I touched the original paint with some 1000 grit wet dry to blend the repair, I was into white primer!  Well, that resulted in my decision to repaint the entire cowl (I do all my own painting).  I ordered a half-pint kit from Colorite and after priming, spraying 3 coats of blue and 4 coats of clear, plus lots of wet sanding and polishing, I can say that the color is nearly perfect!  I was worried since the touch-up bottle seemed a little dark but the cowl came out great and there isn't a flaw to be seen.  

So, if any of you are needing to do some painting of the original B131 Blue, the Colorite product will be a good match.

Eric

35878582 by Eric Freeman, on Flickr

35878584 by Eric Freeman, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:08:31 PM by Efreeman55 » Logged
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »

can you post a pic of the great work?
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:22:34 PM »

can you post a pic of the great work?

Unfortunately, with the demise of Photobucket I haven't found another pic hosting site.  You'll just have to trust me!

Eric
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:05:20 AM »

I've started using Flickr for photos and so far it seems to work well and is just as easy as Photobucket to copy the BB code into your post. Just in the process of updating the photos in a few of my threads
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 11:56:37 PM »

Signed up on Flikr and added some pics to my original post.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: