Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 20, 2017, 09:14:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble starting - Power loss - Cut off  (Read 533 times)
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:36 AM »

Considering you've just had a dead battery, I'm going to go with charging system, as over voltage can fry them while under voltage can leave them dead too. Cdi could also be gone, but if so then as a symptom of charging system.

This is going to require some actual mechanic work to solve. GET A MULTIMETERS and diagnose it properly before swapping out parts and hoping again. Like I mentioned way up there.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
titsonfish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »

Thanks for the advice. Got a multimeter now and commencing the checks on all wiring. Nothings worked up till now and it's made ever more difficult that the problem is sporadic.
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »

Thanks for the advice. Got a multimeter now and commencing the checks on all wiring. Nothings worked up till now and it's made ever more difficult that the problem is sporadic.

Those issues are the worst. You'd almost prefer the crankshaft smashing through the cilinderwalls. At least then you know what the issue is. Electric gremlins are the worst.

Good luck man.
titsonfish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 04:48:01 PM »

Problem solved (time may yet prove me a liar, but all has been going well for a couple of days) turns out it was corrosion of the kill switch connectors which caused it to sporadically activate and earth the electrics through the frame of the bike, causing rapid power loss and random shut off of the engine.

Hope this helps others.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »

Good find!
I once unearthed a dead spider from same location which had been causing an intermittent circuit. Took a while to find that one.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: