Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 20, 2017, 04:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Bling for the CB-1  (Read 312 times)
Efreeman55

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »

I recently did a few simple, reversible mods to my CB-1 to give it a little shine.  I added a headlight and bucket from a 1989 Honda GB500 (of which I own one) and fitted an inexpensive set of chrome gauge mounts.  Gives the old girl a little more bling and changes the look a bit.  All easily reversible but for now I think I like it.  The gauge covers were off Ebay from China for only $39 including shipping!  The quality is not bad for the price and the install was very easy since you can still use the OEM gauge mounting block instead of having to switch everything over to the new part.  The cover plate over the warning lights is a bit cheesy and I might wind up painting it satin black.  Took less than an hour to do the chrome gauges and a couple of hours to switch headlights since there's so much wiring involved.  

Eric

35878591 by Eric Freeman, on Flickr

35878593 by Eric Freeman, on Flickr
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:58:49 PM by Efreeman55 » Logged
spacetiger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »

Nice.

Lets see how the parts hold up over time.

Jerry
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »

I have no doubt the Chinese parts won't hold up like OEM would, but then my CB-1 lives indoors and never gets ridden in the rain.  Pretty easy life!  Plus, only $40 so not a big deal if/when the chrome begins to peel off. 

Eric
stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

looks great!  cant be beat for the money.  whats that round thing on your top triple clamp?

'90 CB-1
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:44:05 PM »

A while back I had a battery issue and decided I wanted to be able to monitor the charging system.  I bought an LED indicator from a fellow in England that changes color as the voltage changes.  Green for normal range, red for low, yellow for slightly low and flashing red for high overcharge.  I made an aluminum shroud for the light so it can be more easily read in sunshine.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: