Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 21, 2017, 08:36:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB 1 no electrics  (Read 294 times)
mikeNic

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:40 AM »

Hi all

I acquired my CB1 on Thurs, and so far unable to start it.

It has been standing since Feb 2017  the battery is now fully charged but ignition dead.

Is this because it is on the side stand? has it got an isolation switch that prevents starting? just moved up from a Superdream which is not so sophisticated. lol

Mikenic
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »

Have you checked the main 30 amp (green) fuse mounted next to the starter solenoid?
Follow the wire from the +battery terminal if you're not sure where to find it and the fuse will be under the red plastic cap

Does the motor turn over on the starter? If so check the handlebar mounted kill switch, they are known to corrode up
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »

With the side stand down ad ignition on you should still see at least the oil light. When you say ignition dead, do you mean you get no lights at all when the ignition switch is on?
mikeNic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »

Update, removed side panel and located fuse holder, 30amp fuse blown cleaned terminals and refitted with new fuse I now have all lights, indicators etc, engine turns over but battery runs down.
 Ordered a new battery need to check for ignition spark etc before battery arrives, My guess is that the fuel tap on position is up! just so I don't flatten the new battery.

thanks for the guys who got back to me any pointers on getting it running really appreciated.

In the mean time I will go through the forum for hints.

regards
MIkenic
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »

New battery will help, after that you're into carb cleaning, new plugs, etc etc.

Give it a bump start off a car battery if you have the possibility to do so.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
mikeNic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »

Fitted new battery turns over well now, petrol running out of the carbs so obviously need to remove them.
Removed tank and frightened myself to death all that stuff to get at the carbs.
Does the side stand being down, prevent starting? if so probably why it did not start.
Still need  to stop fuel leaking out tho.

regards
Mike
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »

Should start with stand down if in neutral. If it doesn't, then you may have a faulty neutral switch, sidestand switch, clutch diode, or clutch switch, or something else in that safety circuit.

Leaky carbs isn't a big deal:
http://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Honda_CB1_NC27.html

These are better than new.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Sugs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »

You can also try to pull the clutch in and then try and start it.  Mine prefers this method for some reason that I haven't investigated yet.

1979 Honda GL1000 Goldwing - 1990 Honda CB1
mikeNic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »

Hi All

Thanks for all replies, I have now removed the alloy front side cover  which gives access to a spark plug from which I confirmed that I do have an ignition spark.
As the carbs or carb was p---ing fuel I will go down new carb seals, the bike has been stood for 6 months so it may just be sticking float needle valve or valves.

I feel sure I will need to ask for advice again in getting this Machine going once again many than thanks for the help given.

MikeNic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: