Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
September 27, 2021, 03:29:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ISO 1989 CB1 pulser coil (30300-KAF-000) and accompanying gasket  (Read 2943 times)
mass
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3


View Profile
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »

Anyone know if there's an aftermarket alternative available?
Or if the pulser coil/generator from other models of that era will work?

HELP!
Logged
Keebs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 14


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 07:31:47 AM »

Hi, did you ever get a resolution to this? Mine is intermittently open circuit but the fault seems to be inside the unit so I doubt it's repairable.

Cheers
Logged
damit
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Posts: 3


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 10:22:31 PM »

Hi. I am suffering from the same issue. I've pretty much had my bike rebuilt in the last few years. just had it running great when it died on me. The pulse gen is a killer. If anyone knows a work around, I'm sure there would be a lot of happy people.
Logged
Keebs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 14


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:22:54 PM »

Quick question, since these pulse generators are hard to find right now I thought it would be worth a look at the existing one to try and find the source of the intermittent connection. Please can someone confirm whether underneath the LHS engine cover is fully wet i.e., oil filled? I know there's a gasket which suggests oil but confirmation would be nice.

Thanks in advance! Cheers
Logged
eyhonda
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 39


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 09:11:55 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that one from a cbr600f1 will fit?    Someone confirm.
Logged

Keebs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 14


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 08:04:31 AM »

So just in case it helps. My small update is that I've bought a gasket from WeMoto, part 11691-MY9-010, they list it as 11691-MY9-000 but the part has both part numbers on the packaging. I connected the multimeter to the leads at the under-tank connector and noticed it went open-circuit whilst tapping the engine cover with a mallet to loosen it. Once it was working again (randomly), with the cover and sensor off-bike, no amount of waggling the leads would make it fail. With the sensor removed, I still can't make it fail.

I'm wondering if the leads are crimped / riveted internally rather than soldered and that's why it goes open circuit. I'm hoping to X-Ray it at work in the next week or so and then I might see what's  wrong with it!

Also, to advise, the funny shaped bracket is just a cable guide so you only need to find a sensor with the same 2 bolt holes either side for it to work. With the guide removed I'm sure the sensor is a much more generic part. Will update further if I get a solution. Loads of photos if anyone needs to see anything.


* Ph1.jpg (96.4 KB, 439x683 - viewed 77 times.)
Logged
Keebs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 14


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 06:22:38 PM »

So I've X-rayed this pulse generator and can see the crimps between the external wires and the internal coil are located near the outside of the unit so I might be able to get in there to add a blob of solder.


* PG.jpg (114.38 KB, 1054x821 - viewed 73 times.)
Logged
Keebs
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 14


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 10:59:18 AM »

Hi All,

In case anyone else is stuck and prepared to take fix-it or break-it action. I repaired my pulse generator over 2 months ago and had no problems since. It is just a coil around a magnet, connected to 2 external wires. Mine kept going open circuit.
I cut the plastic away with a knife at the cable entry and soldered the incoming wires to the crimps to ensure good contact and eliminate them as the source of the issue. I re-sealed it with a hot glue gun. I know some may say won't this glue melt but all I can say is so far it's worked and it's what I had so tried it.
Pics attached (hopefully), happy so send decent quality pics to anyone that wants.

Good luck with yours. Cheers.


* sml.JPG (99.78 KB, 463x1065 - viewed 29 times.)
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!