Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 21, 2018, 05:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: insulators  (Read 495 times)
flipper

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »

i think this is a dumb question so sorry in advance

The insulators between the carbs and the block - are they supposed to be flexible , mine have hardened and its making it bloody difficult to attach the carbs or should i just try harder ?

thanks
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »

They should be flexible but do harden with age. You can try and soften them with wintergreen (google it) oil but I will tell you in advance, google cannot prepare you for how bad the stuff smells or how long it hangs around for.

There's a few sets of Chinese replicas on eBay recently, got to be worth a try.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carb-Intake-Carburetor-Interface-Adapters-for-Honda-CBR400-NC23-NC29-CB-1/232572237327?hash=item362662b60f:g:~bsAAOSwhVxaFksS

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »

I've used the Chinese ones and they work but sit the carbs a bit low meaning that you have to push the airbox forward to fit the 2 mounting bolts at the front of the airbox. Bit of hassle but doesn't cause any problems or leaks once done
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »

Lube em up with some silicone grease. Not only will they slide back on easier but they will come back off easier next time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: