Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 18, 2018, 08:55:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: OEM CB-1 shock in good condition  (Read 1425 times)
Spurlock

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2017, 01:38:11 PM »

My stock shock has failed and I'd like to replace with another OEM shock for now. There are some on ebay but I'd feel more confident buying from a member here if possible. Anyone have a take-off they know is decent?

Many thanks,

-Bill
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 10:41:59 AM by Spurlock » Logged

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
thecadefire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:09:52 PM »

My stock shock has failed and I'd like to replace with another OEM shock for now. There are some on ebay but I'd feel more confident buying from a member here if possible. Anyone have a take-off they know is decent?

Many thanks,

-Bill

I have a rear shock. Email me at cl.pacificnw@gmail.com
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:16:13 PM by thecadefire » Logged
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »

Many thanks,

-Bill

Thanks for your offer. As it happens I just installed a Blackbird shock and hope to be able to test it the next couple days. I'll post back here if I'm no longer interested in a stock shock.

-Bill

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:58:24 AM »

I set my bb shock with 17 threads of preload above the adjuster. Seems about right. The damping adjuster was 1.5 to 2 turns out from fully in. I forget, but something like that.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
thecadefire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 02:13:43 AM »

Many thanks,

-Bill

Thanks for your offer. As it happens I just installed a Blackbird shock and hope to be able to test it the next couple days. I'll post back here if I'm no longer interested in a stock shock.

-Bill
sounds good Iíll save it for you and if you donít need t just let me know Smiley
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 02:01:39 PM »

Many thanks,

-Bill

-Bill
sounds good Iíll save it for you and if you donít need t just let me know Smiley

It looks like I'm good to go with the Blackbird shock so won't be needing your stocker. THanks for the offer though!

-Bill

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: