Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 14, 2018, 08:34:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB-1 Mk2 Project  (Read 3965 times)
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »

Looking good. Interesting with those bar spacers, wonder what they were off.

Do the longer forks give same ride height ; does the extra length disappear in that bar and spacer?

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 05:32:44 AM »

Hi Aaron,

The extra length is above the top yoke, so is only there to accommodate the bars & spacers as far as I can see. Once I've got the front end together, I'll compare the measurements with my other CB-1 but suspect that the ride height etc. is the same
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »

Good idea using foam for the air cleaner. Should breath much better than that restrictive paper element. Might lean it out just a smidgen though.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 05:32:56 AM »

Well I've decided that this thread should be re-named Andy's excuses for not fixing the CB-1 as I haven't touched this since Easter, however I have been busy so here are some other bits...

We had our first race of the year at Silverstone on the 7th & 8th April. Practice went well on the Friday and Qualifying was pretty good too. I was actually feeling really confident & comfortable on the bike for the first time since my big tumble at Oulton last year. In the 1st race I managed to knock 0.9 seconds of my qualifying time and a further 0.36 second off in the 2nd race. Still very much at the back of the grid but happy with that.

Sunday was a different story. It was wet (but not raining) in the morning so I decided to stick the Avon AM22/23 tyres on the bike which are kind of an intermediate tyre because I figured the track would dry too much and shred my brand new wet tyres to bits (yes I know cheapskate!) Before we were due to go out of course it started raining so I changed the front for the wet tyre but didn't manage to change the rear - should be alright surely - Err NO, the back end was sliding and spinning up all over the place and I really had no choice but to nurse the bike through the session as people were crashing all round me. For the second race we were sent back to the pits after the sighting lap as there was petrol over the track. When we restarted, it felt a bit weird sitting on the grid surrounded by detergent bubbles from the clean-up and everything felt scarily slippy. Started off not enjoying myself and had definitely lost my mojo until the race leader lapped me and I thought well if he do it, I can at least make more of an effort too. Amazingly picking up the pace made everything easier and I was just getting back into it when the red flag came out.
Anyway here's a few gratuitous racing pics:

Silverstone 2 by pod_70, on Flickr

Silverstone 1 by pod_70, on Flickr

Oh yes and sorry Jim, it didn't dawn on me until after the meeting who you were - can't believe you are racing a ZXR though, Not good enough  Grin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:22:23 AM by Pod70 » Logged
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 05:50:20 AM »

A bank holiday weekend - the perfect opportunity to get on with the CB-1, What more could you want? My neighbour owns his own welding & fabrication business and we often help each other out so when he knocked on my door on Friday evening asking if I could make him some bits on the lathe, I was happy to help. Initially he wanted some 12mm diameter bars drilling, countersinking and tapping to M5, some steel balls drilled & tapped to M8 and some further bars threaded to for the balls to screw onto. No problem and an hour later I was knocking on his door to hand the metal bits back.

He was off to see someone about a job for Tottenham FC making new coat hooks for the changing rooms and needed to show the client some samples. He asked if he got the job, could I make some more?

He obviously got the job as Sunday morning at 6.30 he was ringing my doorbell and holding a heavy sack of metal and apologising that they were needed in the next few days as he only has 2 weeks to fabricate, powder coat & install them. The good news is that the customer was happy with the samples but wanted the balls welding in place so they only needed drilling & not tapping, the bad news, there was 160 balls & 40 of the rods to be drilled out & tapped to M5. Oh yeah & I had a hangover......

balls by pod_70, on Flickr

On Monday I had a little trip down to South Wales to pick up another NC23. I of course chose the hottest day of the year to spend 7 hours in a van with no air conditioning but set off early and got home before most people hit the roads in the afternoon, so not a bad journey
So this is how I spent my bank holiday - Still no progress on the CB-1
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:34:20 AM by Pod70 » Logged
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »

So will there be any progress soon? I doubt it as I'm off to Anglesey this weekend and racing at Snetterton next weekend. Still there's another bank holiday soon but I really need to do something about the jungle that my garden is turning into.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: