Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
July 21, 2018, 07:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasket Adhesive  (Read 720 times)
Hopey

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »

Does anyone know what the equivalent synthetic rubber based adhesive is to Threebond 1521. I live in the UK and it seems this adhesive is only sold in the USA. (its recommended in the manual to seal the rocker cover gasket). Thanks guys.
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:35:09 AM »

I normally put them in with no adhesive or at the very worst case a very, very small bead of silicon gasket sealant. I think Yamabond is also an option
JamesM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »

Where do you guys get your rocket cover gaskets from in the UK?

I've noticed the OEM gasket doesn't seem to be available anywhere anymore and there was a long discussion on the facebook group over whether the chinese pattern rubber gasket's on ebay were any good. Also some disagreement on whether the NC23 gasket would fit.

I'm planning to check my valves at some point and have noticed a small amount of oil coming out of that drain hole in the side of the cylinder, so want to be prepared with a new gasket if necessary

Cheers,
James
Hopey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »

Try "Wemoto" or "David Silver" for Honda CB-1 spares, as long as you've got a part number they are very good although I prefer "Wemoto".
Pod70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »

having NC23's & 27's I know for sure that the rocker cover gaskets aren't interchangeable - tried that one & failed. The 27 rocker cover is a much squarer shape
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: