Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 13, 2018, 07:08:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear shock bouncy  (Read 862 times)
CapitanBOD

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2018, 03:18:43 PM »

Hi. Chuffed to have finally found a cb1 as iv fancied one for ages. However the rear shock is very bouncy and it feels unsafe going over bumps. Is it possible to repair the shock? New seal and damping fluid?
Thanks
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:14 PM »

The stock shock is not rebuildable, but if you do a search of this forum for "shock" there are many posts with much discussion about pros and cons of various replacements. A CBR1100xx Blackbird shock is an easy swap and can be found used on ebay. There are other CBR model shocks that can also be used. My bike had a bad shock when I got it and I went with the Blackbird which for me seems to work pretty well.

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
CapitanBOD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »

I have ordered a used blackbird shock from ebay. It was only 35. The seller is a breaker and clams it is in good order.
I had some good tips on the Facebook page🖒🖒
Dash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:14:21 AM »

Depending on your weight, it will be fine without even having to fiddle with settings.

Note that if you swap out the entire shock and bolt in the BB shock as-is, your bike will lean over dangerously to the side. The sidestand will be too short to deal with the increased suspension heigt.
CapitanBOD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »

I'm only 9 stone so I will turn down the preload. It's very rare I find someone nuts enough to ride pillion! I have ordered a cbr900 sidestand.
Will also experiment with front fork height. I have aftermarket bars on yokes. The front is currently raised 20mm.
gadoWhoda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

Does anybody know if its possible to get a rebuild kit for the rear shock thats either aftermarket or oem   Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 01:38:10 PM »

Does anybody know if its possible to get a rebuild kit for the rear shock thats either aftermarket or oem   Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can fix anything with a big enough hammer, however a shock absorber needs to be gassed with high pressure nitrogen and that's a quite expensive hammer.

Easier and cheaper to get a blackbird shock and 900rr sidestand.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: