Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2018, 10:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the handlebars. What do i need to buy?  (Read 443 times)
filterMan

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:26 AM »

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the answers to my questions by searching.

I'm thinking of changing my standard clip-ons for higher bars, I'm finding the low position a bit too low for my old joints on longer journeys. I need to know what to buy exactly. I know I need risers and new bars and probably new longer cables but I don't know the exact items that I can buy or what my options are or where to get them from. Is there a guide or a previous post someone could point me to? Also if I could buy at least some of the parts used if I don't like the new position then I wouldn't have blown a wad of cash.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Al
Drewski

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »

Honda made various similar style bars to the CB-1s for other models that should fit. I can't remember which models exactly but the VFR800s are 41mm so might be a good place to start. The MKll CB-1 also had higher bars as standard. It will be easier to go this route than finding a top yoke or drilling yours for risers.
I havn't got a clue where they are but somewhere I have a set of what I think are VF1100R bars that are the same size.

Cb1 Derfull
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »

My bike had Honda NT650 Hawk bars installed when I bought it. They are a bit farther back and higher than stock and I find them really comfortable. The original bars along with throttle and clutch cables came with the bike, so I assume you will need to change cables to do the swap.

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: