Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
September 25, 2018, 03:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Center stand  (Read 314 times)
cbx1260cc

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »

Looking to purchase a COMPLETE Center stand to include the stand, brackets, springs etc etc.

Need a BOLT ON assembly.

Anyone???

Thank you
Drewski

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:40:37 AM »

I've picked a couple up from Japan for other folks on here before and there's a nice one listed at the moment if any use, it just needs a paint?
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j497683269

Cb1 Derfull
cbx1260cc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »

Thank you for the "link".

How does one proceed?

Appears the current price is reasonable--but worry about shipping sending the cost through the roof.

Can you cast any light on my concerns?

Thank you
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »

How does one proceed?

Appears the current price is reasonable--but worry about shipping sending the cost through the roof.

Thank you

I'm curious too. I've never bought any parts through yahoo Japan auctions, but here is a link to a company that will buy the item and ship it for you:

https://jessestreeter.com/yahoo-auctions-buying-service/

Has anyone here used a service like this?

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
Drewski

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »

There are several agents to use, but there are things to be aware of. Firstly, unlike on eBay, sellers on Yahoo JP don't have to state shipping charges, some do, some don't. This leaves it open for the agent...if they feel so inclined...to charge whatever they want. Also, as charges go up with value, again, if they feel inclined, the agent is free to bid up an item on your behalf to get more fees. My agent charges $5 US for anything up to and including 1000 yen. 1001 yen to 10,000 yen is $10 US, then it goes up by $10 for every 10,000 yen. Multiple items from the same seller, bid on at the same time, incurs only one fee.
I've had the same agent for over 10 years with relatively problem-free bidding but I do like to keep an eye on the numbers, mistakes happen.When I have found a mistake, I've been reimbursed.
Big problem at the moment is with shipping, security measures at airports now means that sniffer dogs are used to detect dangerous chemicals. This includes petrol, so anything with fuel residue, like tanks, carbs, exhausts etc the agents won't touch. This is a big blow  Angry
I havn't been on here a lot recently, my CB-1 is still in storage waiting for a full restoration while I work on other projects, but I always said that I am willing to help out other CB-1 owners with parts from Japan. I can have them sent to me or direct to wherever overseas. I don't charge anything and the only thing I can't help with is parts for people that want to sell them on for profit as this could lead to trouble for myself. I usually pick out parts over a few weeks until I have a decent sized parcel, then have them shipped over together. I havn't been bidding on much recently as the transfer rates are so bad, they're double what they were when I started!

Any questions, please ask.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:49:52 AM by Drewski » Logged

Cb1 Derfull
Drewski

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »

After looking for one for about 8 years, I finally found this the other week:-

Cb1 Derfull
Drewski

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 06:53:33 AM »

How does one proceed?

Thank you

Shipping to the UK would be about 20 GBP, a little less to The States. I just had a 6KG parcel arrive and that was $100 US using SAL, (Sea And Land). EMS is quicker, more trackable and more insured but about %20 more.

Cb1 Derfull
jdg25

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 08:23:18 AM »

How does one proceed?

Thank you

I used buyee as a consolidation and shipping agent. I ended up getting 2x full exhausts/25 lbs box via EMS Japan to Hawaii (will copy past invoices below). Also if the yahoo JP seller doesn't have free shipping to the exporter/consolidator/agent you're going to get those charges tacked on to the total.

[Total Shipping Cost]
US$216.34
(22,866yen)
-------------------------------------------
[Fee Breakdown]
<Domestic Shipping Fee (From seller to Buyee)>
3,266yen
<Consumption Tax>
2,400yen
<International Shipping Fee (From Buyee to your address)>
16,700yen
<Package Consolidation Fee>