Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
December 17, 2018, 01:54:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Up for sale by owner is an absolutelystunning 1990 Honda CB1 with only 4588 mile  (Read 1380 times)
jbeck02

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »

Up for sale by owner is an absolutelystunning 1990 Honda CB1 with only 4588 miles. Incredible old skool Honda build quality, stunning engineering in the engine. This bike is a joy to ride and works flawlessly around town and on the highway.

Comes with a clean title and is fully registered until next August (CA)

The bike was given a full service less than two months ago. All carbs cleaned, new plugs, new filters, new fuel pump.

This beauty is ready to go and works flawlessly.

A little bit about the bike from an old review -

Enter the CB-1. It revs like a minigun, it sounds like you're sitting on top of a fighter jet when you give it the beans and it corners like a housefly. The bike is near perfect bone stock (see below).

ENGINE

The raison d'etre of the CB-1. A 399cc inline 4 that howls like a wolf on crack. It isn't very powerful, but that's the charm of this little engine. You can rev it like crazy without going the speed of light. The power is -usable- in the real world and tons of fun to play with. The stock engine is a 2 faced b*tch. Down in the revs it's well behaved and super smooth and kind. Open up the tabs and scream past 10k and it turns into a crazed Sonic the Hedgehog that had too much energy drink. It refuses to break down. I'm probably dead and gone before this engine is. Old skool Honda build quality.

HANDLING

The 2nd party piece of this small package. The CB-1 corners like crazy. I've almost crashed several times on the -inside- of corners because the damn thing changes lines so fast my XTX felt like a slug in comparison. Slow or fast corners, it doesn't matter.

BUILD QUALITY

Honda. Nuff' said. I could nuke this thing and it would keep going.

CONCLUSION

Cheap, loads of fun, built like a tank and I even like the stupid baby blue color. If you want a simple but exciting all rounder with loads of bang for your buck, get this bike.

I for one will never sell this bike.

Well now I have to...

$4200m OBO
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:00:38 PM by jbeck02 » Logged
shuffle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:56:53 PM »

Where are you located?

1989 Honda CB-1 - Kerker Exhaust
jbeck02

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:30:12 AM »

Sorry should have said...

Providence, Rhode Island
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »

For 4200, you need to post some detailed pictures of the bike. Not basic pics, detailed ones. If you have issues uploading them here, you can put fhem on the CB-1 Facebook page.  Thats a hefty price to be asking without any pictures...
jbeck02

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »

Yes sorry. The limit on image size is galling.

Here is a link to ebay page -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113253920936
shuffle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »

jbeck02. Did this sell?

1989 Honda CB-1 - Kerker Exhaust
jbeck02

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »

hi there.

not yet.

turned down an offer of 2600.
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »

4200 is $11 more than what i paid for mine, brand new with 1 mile on the clock, back in 1990. Thats gonna be a tough sale with 4500+ miles on it. 
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 02:35:42 PM »

......and this ones a little "dusty" (see cockpit picture) with a few dings on the can. Seems a bit much, low mileage and all. Just sayin'. Been following these now for over 8 years...but what do I know. With 50 cents and my opinion....you could buy a pack of gum Wink

stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 11:36:32 PM »

that appears to be a full two brothers stainless exhaust on that bike.  havent seen one of those for a long time. 

'90 CB-1
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »

Jbeck.
Just some food for thought so you can sell your CB1 better.
1) Clean the damn thing!...anyone expecting to pay $4200 that bike better be immaculate.
2) it better not have a ding nor dent anywhere.
3) take better pictures. Marketing is everything in an online sale/purchase.
4) You'll need to be flexible at that price. This one appears to be in the $2800 to $3000 range...assuming ALL works exactly as it should.
5) at $4200, that bike better come with ALL its maintenance records from the day it was ridden out of the showroom.
6) If you truly want to sell it, this one, it'll have to be "priced" better.

Again, not trying to shut yer manhood down, just sayin'.
I think all of us here have been watching this niche market go up and down and up and down throughout the years.....and well, just some constructive criticism is all............I'm assuming the $4200 price tag cause............you've told yer mrs that you will sell it.............but really don't want to....and that's fine too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: