Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 13, 2019, 04:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD!! Beautiful 1989 CB-1 in the PNW  (Read 3481 times)
Efreeman55

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »

Regrettably, I must consider selling my CB-1 that I've owned for 8 years.  The bike is in wonderful condition with some nice modifications: Hagon rear shock, Hepco-Becker tail rack and expandable day bag, full stainless steel Beet exhaust system, smaller rear sprocket for easier cruising, Michelin Pilot Power tires, X-ring chain, voltage indicator to monitor battery, chrome headlight and gauge covers (originals included for easy return to stock look), carb overhaul with Litetek Viton seals, stainless brake lines, EBC HH pads, color-matched Rifle fairing with two shields.  Just under 22,000 miles and always with synthetic oil (I use Amsoil 10w-40).  Lots of spare parts including extra set of original wheels.

Much more to mention but I'll leave that for further communication with anyone interested.  This is an exceptionally clean bike that I'm reluctant to let go but I need the money to pay some unexpected bills.  Looking to get $3,500 for a bike that needs nothing other than gas and a twisty road.  Lots of other photos available upon request.  Bike is located in Bellingham, WA area.

Eric

35878608 by Eric Freeman, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:48:28 PM by Efreeman55 » Logged
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 10:12:19 PM »

Man, this makes me sad. I know it was a struggle to even post this.
Whats the status on it?
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:32:36 PM »

Eric,
quick question.
I noticed on those gorgeous scenery photos you show of the CB1, there's also a photo a GB500. I sold a GB500 to someone in SanFran about 10 years ago. It came out of SouthFlorida. By chance it wouldn't have been you?....would it have been?
That GB was my uncles and I helped him sell it to the west coast when I was living in the South East (FL) region.

just curious.

Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »

I'm not sure about my GB500's origins as I bought it from a girl in Seattle in February 2010.  The little CB-1 is still for sale and while the money would come in handy, I'm also kind of happy no one has expressed any interest.

Eric
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 02:06:04 PM »

Sold! 

Local guy came by and fell in love with the little CB.  Didn't even dicker on the price since he knows how rare a near-perfect CB-1 is these days.  Sad to see the bike go but feel good knowing it will get plenty of use now.  I'll pop in here now and then to see what's going on.  I've thoroughly enjoyed spending time with you fine folks and helping to keep these great motorcycles rolling down the road.

Cheers,

Eric
ptlcb1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »

Eric,
     Congrats on the sale! Bitter sweet i'm sure. The condition of your bike was definitely in line with what your asking price was.  Take care buddy.  I'll give you 2 yrs and you'll be back on another CB-1!  😁
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »

I'm afraid another CB-1 isn't in my future due to a pair of bad knees that are getting worse by the month.  It was agony riding the little CB due to its jockey-like riding posture.  I have a GB500 as well and it's very similar in size so the knees take a real beating.  However, I'm addicted to the sound of the 601cc thumper (bigger piston) so I'll suffer a while longer as I ride it occasionally.  Fortunately, I have other larger bikes that I can ride without suffering too much!

Eric
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 04:39:50 AM »

Eric, I sympathise. I can only ride the CB-1 for a couple of hours because of wrist pain. I'm keen to find out what bikes you ride that are more comfortable? I'm thinking I might get myself a CB500x.

Cheers, Al
Efreeman55

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

Hi Al

I have a pair of vintage Ironhead Sportsters fitted with highway pegs so I can stretch my legs off the regular pegs when they get tired.  Very comfortable bikes with lovely mechanical sound.  I also have a 1979 Honda CBX, 2007 MV Agusta F4R and a 2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore.  The Ducati and MV both are a little jockey-like but are big enough that my knees don't bother me as much as the smaller Hondas, provided I take a break every hour or so to stretch my legs.  Sure wish I was younger!

Eric
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 03:31:47 PM »

Wow, quite a collection and they are all quite different from each other.

I don't have the space for more than one or maybe two bikes at most so I have to be really careful what else I get to compliment the CB-1. So many bikes, so little time  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: