Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
October 23, 2019, 09:09:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OEM tool kit  (Read 522 times)
RVFRick

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2019, 02:00:57 AM »

I finally washed and detailed my CB-1 for the first time in 2 years of ownership  Cheesy. With the rear fairings off it was easy to take a look at the tool kit. Some corrosion and the vinyl pouch looks a little worn. I thought it was complete until I looked at CMSNL. It appears I am missing the 10-12 spanner  Embarrassed

At least it's mostly complete. Will keep my eye out for the missing spanner.

I really like it when my bikes have the OEM kit, it shows me the previous owners took care (or never bothered to maintain their bike  Grin). Do you have the OEM toolkit?

* CB-1 toolkit.jpg (64.94 KB, 608x376 - viewed 71 times.)

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.
'90 CB-1, '95 NC35, '94 MC28, '82 C70, '09 Odyssey
Spurlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »

Hi Richard, I agree that having the original tool kit is a plus. It says something about the previous owner(s) intent to keep the bike complete. My bike came with a partial OEM kit which I filled in with replacements from Partzilla. The kit tools are mediocre but will do in a pinch!

-Bill

1975 Honda CB125S2, 1989 Honda NX250, 1989 Honda GB500, 1989 Honda CB-1
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »

Now I have to go see what I have that is still original. Cheesy I did remove some of the tools like the shock adjuster and extension that I won't need for an emergency and added a small ratchet and socket/extension to pull the bottom bolts on the radiator to tilt it forward. The covers above the engine are a bitch to pull off and put back on without doing that first and you need the covers off to access the plugs. Having had a couple plugs fail me over the years I like knowing I can do a swap with a spare plug roadside if need be.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: