Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
May 25, 2019, 03:16:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB-1 with many performance upgrades for sale  (Read 719 times)
tex900ss

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »

If you want a non-stock CB-1, this is the one you want. The suspension is amazing with a Penske rear shock and fully adjustable fork uppers and internals. I have no idea what the exhaust is, but it's nice. I'm guessing it's something from Japan. It finishes off with steel brake lines and some special side covers and right side round cover that I imagine are non-US as well. I've never seen a CB-1 like it. I've priced it at $3900. Check it out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Honda-Other/333161359000
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:08:16 PM by tex900ss » Logged
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 04:01:17 PM »

Good pitch but 3,900$ is dreaming.

JDM side panels is correct and they look nice.

However...
Missing left footpeg rubber, front aluminium panels, and turn signals. The clocks are eBay replicas which are known to be poor quality, the shock reservoir doesn't appear to actually fit so who know where the shock came from, the exhaust looks more Ali express than yahoo auction Japan. Tank has been stunter jumped on and repainted poorly as edges are chipped. Frame wants refinishing. Forks aren't f4i as those are 43mm not 41.

Even with new tyres and chain it's not a lot more than 2k.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:11:19 PM by a_morti » Logged

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
tex900ss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »

a_morti, I appreciate a knowledgeable reply but I definitely have a few retorts. I have a longer description on the Ebay post where I mention the poor knock-off instruments and the cosmetic shortcomings. Your critique of these is fully understood. On the shock: are you aware that a Penske rear shock comes with an ideal mount for the reservoir? I am not. Perhaps some bits are missing, but that is definitely a top of the line rear shock set up perfectly for that bike. I, too, know a thing or two about bikes, and CB-1 in particular. It's true a little rubber half moon and some hose clamps might tidy things up, but that is an expensive rear shock set up perfectly for this bike. You are right about the forks. I'll change the listing. Whatever they are, they have pre-load and dampening adjustments on top, and they feel amazing. Again, I ride sport bikes and have ridden many CB-1s. This one is very special, particularly in how it handles. I have never felt anything close to how put together this bike feels winding out 4th and 5th gear leaned hard through the twisties. The suspension is dialed in perfectly, whatever it is. And if you have info on the exhaust, please share. It fits well, high and close, and it sounds awesome. In my opinion, this bike was someones performance toy, maybe it went to the track. Money was spent on special pieces. I own a shop and see all the modified bikes. I see crap and flash put on decent bikes. This is not at all that bike. I get that the bike could be prettier and have proper gauges, but it is a bike like no other. You want to feel what that gear driven cam high reving motor really does? The suspension and brake feel on this bike lets you ride to the motor's limits like no other CB-1. Whoever built it knew what they were doing. If you rode it you would up your value estimate.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:48:05 AM »

Appreciate it rides nice but tanks and clocks are real hard to come by.

Still, in the end it's worth what someone pays for it. I think it'll be for sale a while at 4k.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
tex900ss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »

Points taken. I've lowered the price to $3600.
samsdad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »

I am curious, as to if the clocks are not original, how do you know the mileage?
Honestly it looks like it has far more miles on it than 5k.
 I say re-route the shock tube and re-mount that reservoir.
All together not a bad looking bike, but I agree with Morti.... $2500 is the most this bike is worth.

GLWS
tex900ss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »

Samsdad, I say in the text of the listing that the mileage is not correct. Ebay requires numbers only typed into the mileage box for the listing. And as for the reservoir, I looked at other routing, but saw no other options unless I disassemble the rear end completely. And I understand all of the claims it is worth less. There is just nothing to compare it to. How many CB-1s are for sale, ever? I just did $1500 worth of work to it. And I think that exhaust alone is worth something, plus the suspension upgrades. And the bottom line is that I am selling this one of a kind bike one time. I am starting at the higher end of the potential price range. Feel free to make an offer, anyone reading this.
tex900ss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »

Lowered price to $3200
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »

Tex.
no offense here.
I think your CB1 is in the $2800 range....at best.
it's got too many, well...it just doesn't "look" as though it's a $3200 CB1.
Just my 2cents from about 5 years now of studying this CB1 market. it's a finicky market I'll grant you that.

So....good luck and hope you find a $3200 buyer......

stussels

Finally! HondaCB1.org is here!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »

pardon me but that cb-1 looks whipped.  before it had the blue paint job and seat recover im sure it was much worse.  more like the rest of the bike that wasnt refinished.  im not even gonna say what i think its worth. Lips Sealed
are you certain its a penske shock?  rear reservoir looks exactly like the one on my fox twin clicker.  it may be a fox shock. 

the exhaust system is oem header kludged to a possible atv muffler.  you can see the small piece of metal plate that was welded to the grab handle for the mount.  its not bad, but its not some jdm unobtanium either. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:23:54 PM by stussels » Logged

'90 CB-1
VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »

I didn't want to be that straight-forward but Stussels is spot on.
That thing does indeed look beat.
The paint job alone is not original.
No stickers, the exhaust is...well.
the Frame is a bit beaten up as well.
it's just NOT a $3200 CB1...sorry.

hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »

oh nooooo......

If the bike is worth $ 3200 I will start immediately and export better bikes from Europe to the United States.

All the rumble that the bike is supposed to make sportier can not deceive beyond the very bad condition ....

the tank failed, missing chain protection, no turn signals, what are the discoloration behind the water pump, what about the gasoline tap, the bench does not seem to close properly behind, the right footpeg is missing, everywhere rusty spots, the top two covers missing, handlebar weights missing (alone that makes me no confidence in the bike), everything in all too much screwed around it (in german cald -verbastellt), in addition no trustworthy indication of mileage - my thumb down shows
hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=277752938&categories=Motorcycle&cn=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&fuels=PETROL&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=cb-1&maxCubicCapacity=401&minCubicCapacity=398&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MB&sfmr=false&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&searchId=dafb8070-c158-70c3-2be8-87481a76d429
hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=277609642&categories=Motorcycle&cn=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&fuels=PETROL&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=cb-1&maxCubicCapacity=401&minCubicCapacity=398&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MB&sfmr=false&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&searchId=b0b74d26-d36a-f319-3ae8-b932d5278997
hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 11:21:08 AM »

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=277287060&categories=Motorcycle&cn=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&fuels=PETROL&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=cb-1&maxCubicCapacity=401&minCubicCapacity=398&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MB&sfmr=false&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&fnai=next&searchId=06b7b496-85c5-6ac8-15cc-f7303e358a84
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: