Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 13, 2019, 05:16:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: CB-1 with many performance upgrades for sale  (Read 5765 times)
JokeySmurf

FZ700 WR200 DRZ400SM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2019, 11:32:16 PM »

It's not an FZ-7. It's a 32 year old YAMAHA FZ700. I know its history and I know every part in it. I ride it almost every day and it's stock. But if it had a lot of sketchy Chinese aftermarket garbage cobbled on and I was to sell it, I wouldn't make up what the suspension parts are based on Most Popular Mods polls. I'd get out my wrenches and find out instead of lying. You've had 3 months to cut those zip ties and hide that reservoir somewhere less obscene. Can you even change your own oil? The bike's a rat that was left out in the rain for years. What did you grab it for, $600, hoping to flip it based on the rarity of stock, clean CB-1's? You claim you had experience getting much less money for modded RD's than for untouched ones. Yet you came on here trying to flip this Chinese Frankenstein for $2500 more than you're asking now. Then you feigned shock when you didn't immediately fleece a pigeon.

So now your 43mm f4i forks are 41mm F2 forks. If they drop to 37mm CBR600 forks we're gonna have to make a margin call.
Your "200 mile tires" have dates on the sidewalls. I'm betting it's some month and year from Obama's first term.

YOUR RESUME IS NOT AN ARGUMENT.
It's also very questionable like everything else you have to say.
Your life history does not make this motorcycle worth more. The bike with all it's deficiencies, which you did not notice (wink) or bother to mention until they were pointed out on this forum, is worth $897. The suspension upgrades are a mystery because apparently your knees have dragged so much and your wrist has twisted so quickly, so adroitly, so often, that your knackered joints can't bother to function long enough to turn a wrench and find out what's under the grimy, oxidized exterior. You repeatedly mention these aftermarket suspension upgrades that agree with your 200 pounds of Kenny Roberts infused superhuman dexterity in the twisties. That does not mean this broken mess is worth $3900. Lots of CB-1's have suspension upgrades. Most are much cleaner and sell for much less. Yet you came on here expecting to get that much with a sales pitch sleazier than the meth head whore beater that used to peddle the Slap Chop.

https://hickory.craigslist.org/mcy/d/conover-cb-1-cb400f-for-sale/6954489976.html

This CB-1 is currently for sale for $1950. It's clean. It has glorious suspension upgrades. A master mechanic was brought in to stuff the reservoir under the factory stickered tank. The parts have known brand names. No guess work required. Which bike would you rather dial in and destroy Ninjas on with your stellar racing acumen?

You refused to take any advice or criticism - criticism that was over respectful and under harsh at the beginning. You rejected it and continued insisting on your nonsense. You are such an inherently dishonest halfwit that you've managed to convince yourself that you're a victim. Instead of being humble after having to drop the price 24 hundred bucks you come back and cry that we are meanies. There is no crying on motorcycles, ya mo. It'll fog your shield.

The problem isn't that the bike was tracked. The problem isn't that the bike is modded to go faster than stock. The problem isn't even that you continually re-list a worn out Chinese whore of a motorcycle as having 6000 kilometers... Oh wait, yes it is! The only problem is YOU. How does someone brag about 40 years of devoting his life to motorcycles but not know how to make an ad that isn't $2500 over priced and full of half truths and outright lies? Why did you wait until after you made the ad to discover what the bike really is? How does someone do that? How are you not embarrassed as a motorcyclist? I know. You have to be a born liar with a diseased soul.

You're not my brother. I'd help you out of a ditch after your pot metal Chinese junk parts failed while trail braking your lithe 200 pounds at 90mph in a sweeper. But while I was holding up your husky husk I'd hope my Harley chain wallet was strong enough to thwart your thieving, lying, cheating, sticky fingers.

Let me know when the Ducati project is finished. I'll open the bidding at 4 gajillion dollars.

* jokey_smurf_sa.png (118.07 KB, 354x377 - viewed 105 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:34:54 PM by JokeySmurf » Logged

KX80, YAMAHA Radian, TriZ175, DT175, YAMAHA Blaster, Suzuki GT550, GS550, FJ600, Honda 200X, KZ550, FZR600, R6, WR200, DRZ400SM, FZ700 https://imgur.com/7x4AdxZ
tex900ss

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2019, 11:49:36 AM »

JokeySmurf,
"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries! Now away before I taunt you a second time."

You've got a lot of gumption insulting a man and his motorcycle the way you do. I'm sure it's easy sitting in your momma's basement staring at a screen, but come to Texas and say it to a man's face. You'll get taught some manners for sure.

I hear how badly those zip ties bother a person suffering from OCD as strongly as you do, but I bet you $1000 you couldn't mount the reservoir under the seat, or any other way without cutting metal away from the frame or sub-frame. In the long chapter of things you don't know about me and this bike: A strong attempt was made to better position the reservoir by a very talented garage, a garage I owned. Sure, the shock isn't made specifically for the not-so-common CB-1 application. Tell me again why only motorcycles of pure DNA are acceptable, how a Chinese dash makes a bike a whore. You're some kind of bike racist.

Do you feel smart talking about the tire date stamps on the tires, son. I see your projection of insecurity, we all do. When, or if, you live and learn a bit more you'll know how the douchebags announce their presence. It's always loud and clear. And that pipe on your bike crush is way too low for my tastes, but I bet works well for a chicken strip rider such as yourself.

It's true I would have never thought a jerk-off like you would be riding a sweet FZ700. I remember when those came out. I loved how they said "pure sports" on the side. I was a Yamaha freak back then, dreaming of an RZ500. Your pride that it is full stock baffles me. Some new springs up front would do wonders, unless you're 120 lbs, which maybe you are.

To the others on here, thanks for the info and direction helping me understand what I have. I definitely learned the value of this bike is lower than I hoped to get originally. I am super curious where the sale price will end up. This has been a lesson in the attraction of stock originals. And yes, I do start pricing aggressively when I sell a bike. I've sold many, I only get to sell them once, I try not to leave any money on the table. I never intend to misinform or mislead, yet I do get very biased about the bikes I love. I really don't want to sell this bike but am forced to downsize after selling my garage. The way this forum loves one bike one way is odd to me, but there it is. I came of age in a time when flipping your handlebars to simulate clubmans and stripping 30 lbs of fenders and center stand was where the action started. Stock was lame. I still listen to 80s music too, so go figure.
hutchence

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 04:45:39 PM »

oh man tex, you poor soul ... what a dullhead ....., you're on the wrong side to profile you ...., I could puke when I read your spiritual pours, what little light in you ...., I think you always dive here under new nick, in april you have complained rum that you have a large water leak on the water pump and wanted to know how to fix it ....., your nick = taxonomy the way you wrote there is just the same as you write now, autocratic and above all, with the heap of scrap that you're trying to sell that has not been moved for five years (but you're number 1 in the twisty roads ..... ha ha ha) but extremely sporty and above all other cb1 located here ....., but understand that you will not find any customers here, and much less compliment and support in your sale. ......, find yourself an unsuspecting and sell the lump stole, but look to you after that, you will not be shot by the ignorant buyer
cbx1260cc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »

Looks like seller put bike on E-Bay.

Selling price $1525.00

Appears the opinions of the members with regards to value were CORRECT.   Smiley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Honda-CB-1-/333296950302?hash=item4d9a0bdc1e%3Ag%3AW6sAAOSwb2hdVEfp&nma=true&si=quF0paGf3xx7fftClw6qzdoPGAk%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
JokeySmurf

FZ700 WR200 DRZ400SM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 01:40:22 AM »

I guess that settles that.
Maybe the Bidders on eBay weren't aware how fast a rider the Seller was.

...If only it had 3 fake Penske shocks.
Maybe wrap the whole bike in reservoir hoses. Might have bumped the bidding to $1575.

Go back to this clown's first oily post here - "It finishes with steel brake lines"
What is this a fucking wine tasting?

KX80, YAMAHA Radian, TriZ175, DT175, YAMAHA Blaster, Suzuki GT550, GS550, FJ600, Honda 200X, KZ550, FZR600, R6, WR200, DRZ400SM, FZ700 https://imgur.com/7x4AdxZ
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: