Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
August 21, 2019, 09:39:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left side coolant leak?  (Read 420 times)
taxonomy

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »

I just pulled my CB-1 from storage where it's been the past 5 years. I haven't run the bike yet as I want to drain the fuel from the tank.

I noticed that there seems to be a slow leak of coolant from the left It's behind a plastic cover that houses the coolant pump.  It's a drip drip sort of thing, enough to make a 40 cm circle on a piece of newspaper laid under it for 24 hours. 
See Bee-Won

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »

The hose clamp probably just needs snugged up. If not that it could be a leaky o-ring on the pump.
taxonomy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »

Well I took everything apart. There is a weep hole in the bottom of the shaft that connects the pump to the engine. I determined that the water was coming from there.  I decided to replace the o rings while I had it apart.  I still really don't get what's happening. I think maybe the upper return hose leaked, ran into the weep hole at the top of the pump shaft and came out at the bottom.

We'll see when I button it back up.

I put a new, wider, hose clamp on while I was there.
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »

The weep hole is located between the oil and water seals and is placed there as a tell tale. Whichever fluid it shows, is the seal which has failed. Unfortunately this is the end for your water pump as the seals within it which keep water and oil apart cannot be replaced.

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: