Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
November 15, 2019, 07:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Max horsepower for CB-1 NC27? (no engine swap)  (Read 875 times)
ROADSTAR

夜露死苦!

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2019, 10:35:39 PM »

Hi all.

I'm currently considering getting a CB-1 as a temporary bike while getting my project bikes fixed.

I have some questions with regards to possible future upgrades (specifically, max hp tolerable for the engine).

So far, I've learned that there was a 485cc kit available before. Currently, only the 444cc kit exists (3mm overbore).

In the CB-1 group on Facebook, the fastest/most powerful CB-1 I've come across was from a race bike in Japan which pushes 65whp NA (mods were not specified).

So, my question is, what is the maximum horsepower achievable with the CB-1 engine? Has anyone actually pushed for it?

Say, 485cc kit 13:1 CR, 32mm FCR carbs, 4-1 exhaust, headwork, NC23/29 cams. Could this specs possibly push the engine to 80-90hp?

Thank you and best regards,

1985 川崎 忍者 GPZ900R A2「997cc」
1975 川崎 750RS ZⅡ「746cc」
taxonomy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »

Just sell the one and buy a CBR600.  The CB-1 is never going to be a fast bike.  It's a bike that seems fast because it's frantic. You feel like a Hero without actually having to be one.

There are zillions of CBRs around that weigh less, are much stronger and have better suspension.  Unless you want a -1 for some reason don't have a -1.  It's always better and cheaper to get a bike designed to be what you want it to be in the first place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: