Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
March 30, 2020, 06:50:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip Knob Install?  (Read 932 times)
cb1_tkayo

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »

Just purchased from the parts fiche (trip knob and pan head screw) but am totally confused as to how to 'install' onto the trip meter's threaded pin

Pics for reference. Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated!

* tripmeterpin.jpg (103.59 KB, 1686x1504 - viewed 76 times.)

* tripknobopening.jpg (62.48 KB, 1532x1298 - viewed 77 times.)
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »

I'm not sure what the pan head screw is but I do know that the trip knob is a left handed screw thread, so turn it anti clockwise when inserting it in the mechanism. 
filterMan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »

I just looked at the parts catalogue, the pan head screw locks the trip knob in place. I think from memory the knob itself has a flat on so it just pushes in place, it's the lock screw that is left hand threaded and screws through the center of the trip knob.

a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »

The knob you have looks to be correct. I don't remember the little screw being left hand thread, but since you're holding it you'd know.

Here's a very old pic I did back when photobucket was cool, explaining how to kill the cb-1 speed restriction.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/a_morti/innards.jpg

It looks like the silver metal thread you have, should have a brass adapter to fit the plastic knob.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:24:33 PM by a_morti » Logged

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
cb1_tkayo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 01:42:42 AM »

I just looked at the parts catalogue, the pan head screw locks the trip knob in place. I think from memory the knob itself has a flat on so it just pushes in place, it's the lock screw that is left hand threaded and screws through the center of the trip knob.

the center of the trip knob has not threads on it and its diameter is much larger than the silver threaded piece. thats why i am completely lost as to how this fits, unless maybe they sent me the wrong trip knob!
cb1_tkayo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 01:43:14 AM »

The knob you have looks to be correct. I don't remember the little screw being left hand thread, but since you're holding it you'd know.

Here's a very old pic I did back when photobucket was cool, explaining how to kill the cb-1 speed restriction.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/a_morti/innards.jpg

It looks like the silver metal thread you have, should have a brass adapter to fit the plastic knob.

thanks a_morti looks like i am missing that brass adapter...your picture is obscured a bit by the photobucket watermark but it appears that brass adapter is completely missing on mine. however, when i look at the trip knob, the hole in the housing lines up directly with the silver threaded bar. i've tried to just screw the panhead screw into the silver threaded bar but its def too big to fit that flat gap. i've had this damn housing off 4 separate times. i'll try to take another look tomorrow.
cb1_tkayo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:56:54 AM »

sorry i just relooked at that picture you posted...i think that brass piece is the missing link. cant seem to find it on the parts fiche. anyone have a old gauge cluster with that brass piece they'd be willing to sell?
a_morti

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 02:20:18 AM »

Try here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1119747858086718/

Cam Drive Gear Train Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: