Also Check Out
ATVFlorida.com
PinballShark.com

© 2014
HondaCB1.org Message Forums
April 09, 2020, 04:15:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to HondaCB1.org! Please register in the Forum to post messages or view attached photos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of a rough, but ridable CB-1?  (Read 1597 times)
eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 03:18:03 PM »

Not directly. But I saw one person do it on Craigslist. I saved the pictures and I got some information by email before the posting disappeared. The back wheel is the same size, the front wheel is slightly narrower, same front tire, rotor on same side. Fitting the back wheel should be a little bit easier, resizing the bearings, correct spacing and mounting the rear rotor and caliper. Yeah a little bit of engineering needs to be done.! I've done a few wheel swaps on other bikes. The process is pretty much the same with a a little bit of machining and measuring. What could go wrong? Ha! Oh and it helps to have a 3D printer to speed up prototyping.

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 03:38:21 PM »

Nice...3D printer. very nice.
I noticed from your esig flicker images that you 'quite' a collection of bikes.
I'm happy that little CB1 found a good home.

Congrats.

Not directly. But I saw one person do it on Craigslist. I saved the pictures and I got some information by email before the posting disappeared. The back wheel is the same size, the front wheel is slightly narrower, same front tire, rotor on same side. Fitting the back wheel should be a little bit easier, resizing the bearings, correct spacing and mounting the rear rotor and caliper. Yeah a little bit of engineering needs to be done.! I've done a few wheel swaps on other bikes. The process is pretty much the same with a a little bit of machining and measuring. What could go wrong? Ha! Oh and it helps to have a 3D printer to speed up prototyping.

eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »

Yes, thanks!   My current collection is a custom Hawk GT, VFR800 (5th gen) and the CB-1.   A V2, V4 and I4.   My daily is the comfy VFR.

eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 03:52:16 PM »

Here is one pic of the cb1 with cbr3 wheels.  I'm not a fan of 3 spoke wheels.  The 5 spokers look so much nicer, IMO.

https://flic.kr/p/2iwmNPp

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »

I'm curious...........why?
Why go thru all that trouble to install CBR300 rims?

eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 05:26:16 PM »

It's more about the fun.  I don't have to.  I have the bad tendency to just tinker.  Nothing will be irreversible.

VintageHunter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 11:41:48 AM »

I thought so.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from "CST Syndrome"........(Can't Stop Tinkering Syndrome).

it's an addiction.
it seems that when I have a bike all dialed in, set, everything is working fine....I find SOME excuse to wanna keep, well, "tinkering" with the darn thing.
I need medical treatment for this syndrome.....seriously.

enjoy the psychosis.
 Grin
It's more about the fun.  I don't have to.  I have the bad tendency to just tinker.  Nothing will be irreversible.

eyhonda

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 12:08:36 PM »

Yup, same mental condition! I don't think I've owned a bike stock for very long.   But i wont go too far with this bike tho.   There is a point of no return.  I don't want any mod to disable it for more than a couple weeks.  I built my my Hawk with advanced CST and it took more than 3 years!  This will not happen here.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: